UnOfficial Mod Fix list

justR

Re: UnOfficial Mod Fix list

Post by justR »

lol yeah. Hopefully this will be my last post for a while in this, but I keep thinking of stuff. I don't know how far you got with opsayo and bugs Crow, but the server (tab) recognizing 1.41 AfterHope would be nice instead of showing "Failed model validation" or "hacked mem.dll" (Since it's basically the only way to know for sure someone is not hm'ing.)
JeSuS

Post by JeSuS »

the issue with that is most of it is client side not server side. So players need to download it for it to work correctly. Getting every player to download the afterhope patch is impossible. If we update the server to it, you will see a big decrease in players and the killing of anni...
justR

Post by justR »

No not force people to play 1.41. I think there is a coding issue anyway with it for non-base servers. I just meant the values the server reads when someone is using 1.41. Basically so you could tell someone is using 1.41 much like you can if they are using Last Hope or 1.11.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

the community server has a way to show other players they have the afterhope patch . there name is lite up or something in that order.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Beavis wrote:the community server has a way to show other players they have the afterhope patch . there name is lite up or something in that order.
Name is shown in a yellowish text, where non-afterhope players are shown in white.
JeSuS

Post by JeSuS »

they are all white to me, I have a custom script which cuts out spam and shit
justR

Post by justR »

I think Crow knows what I'm getting at. The server reads 1.11 as "not a LastHope user," 1.30/1.40 as "is a LastHope User," and 1.41 as either "using hacked mem.dl" or "Failed Model Validation," instead of saying "is an AfterHope User" (1.41 being AfterHope patch.)

This is when you click tab and click a players name for those not knowing wtf I'm talking about.

Another issue: The 5vs5 base rape default mode trumps tourney mode, so if you are trying to play any kind of pickup or scrim on less than 5vs5 in tourney mode the no base rape mode still exists.
JeSuS

Post by JeSuS »

^you can disable it as an admin I think
LUNCHBOX

Re: Builder armor ain't what it used to be

Post by LUNCHBOX »

[quote="S']['U"]

I remember buying my "flying favs" which included Builder with a plasma gun, mini-bomber, rocket launcher, builder repair gun, deployable transport and pitchfork.

I could then launch my deployable transport, fly until it was destroyed, then deploy the small INV, buy another transport, launch it, go back to the INV, buy another transport pack, jump into the transport and take off again.
I'll see if I can find an old demo that will show you what I mean...

EDIT: Here you go...

[\quote]

That's hilarious and explains why I keep getting run over every few seconds! LOL
JeSuS

Post by JeSuS »

broski lower your mouse sensitivity and also that is from before this year at least. C3 is in that so its been a minute