Bugs as of 11/6/2012

(S1)G]-[0ST

Bugs as of 11/6/2012

Post by (S1)G]-[0ST »

These are some bugs that i know of.

The deploy-able fighter pack for the rouge angel only allows you to use it 3 times per map. It says item max reached after 3, even after they are destroyed. Very frustrating because I can't use them for the rest of the game.

For some unexplained reason, each map has a different Frequency overload distance for laser turrets that are deployed. Meaning you can deploy them 10 inches from each other on one map, and then the next map might be 14 inches. Very frustrating because sometimes you can't deploy them all under a jump pad.

Don't know if these will even be addressed, but they have each annoyed me enough to post here.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Bugs as of 11/6/2012

Post by perrinoia »

The vehicle item limit bug is due to the fact that the deployable fighter is the same thing as the interceptor, which can be purchased from a vehicle station.
There is an item limit check when you try to deploy the fighter, but not when you try to buy an interceptor from the vehicle station, even though they are they same thing.
Also, there variable that is incremented and compared to the limit when you deploy a fighter is never decremented when the interceptors are destroyed.
So that one issue needs to be fixed in 2 places.

The area checked for other deployables when trying to deploy a turret is a box, and the dimensions of the box are always measured on the x y and z axis... In other words, North-South, East-West, and Up-Down. So if you are trying to deploy your turrets parallel to a wall that is not parallel to a map axis, the previous turret will be found in the corner of the box, which is farther from the center than the side of the box. I solved this in my own server by inserting an additional distance check between the proposed position of the new turret and the position of the other turret, rather than simply error for every turret in the box, that way, the minimum distance between turrets was always the same regardless of the angle of the vector between them.