function Mission::init() {deleteVariables("teamItemCount*");

perrinoia
Site Admin

function Mission::init() {deleteVariables("teamItemCount*");

Post by perrinoia »

The server is remembering the team item counts after mission change, and preventing everyone from deploying turrets ever again, if the mission ended with the turret item count maxed out.

But it's not just turrets, it's all items... So I assume that function Mission::init() has an error, which prevents it from clearing out the item counts as it should. Please fix, asap.
Fixious

Re: function Mission::init() {deleteVariables("teamItemCount

Post by Fixious »

So that's what was going on earlier. Base rape was also disabled even though it was 6v5 or whatever.

But hey, at least people capped the fucking flag without turrets.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

fixed.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Hahaha...

It was remarkably difficult to cap the flag, even without turrets, due to spawn invulnerability.

Normally, I would deploy a jail tower to clear the enemies from their base and prevent noobs from respawning every time I pick up their flag, but the item limit was reached for jails, too.

Turns out, the problem was that Crow rearranged the functions in scripts.vol, and replaced the file without restarting the server, because people were playing. When the mission changed, a few files got reloaded from the new scripts.vol, but not all, which caused some functions to not exist.

Simply restarting the server resolved this intriguing issue.

But I'm glad it happened, because now we all know how over powered spawn shields are, and why jails are overused.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Yeah that was a bit fucked up, I was so lost as to what was going on. I'm more bothered that only like three deployables reached a limit. Guess people don't know how to use other ones @_@

Also, that arena map was tits that we played on. Why don't we have more maps that limit boundaries? It sounds tedious and annoying, but sometimes Anni just needs a good limit on where the hell people can go.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Are you talking about the map that Virus & Anthrax made, that was shaped like a canoe?

I fucking hated it... Every time I got near the enemy flag, I died from hitting some random trigger that claimed to be the mission area boundary, even though it was well within the boundaries, and the arena.
virus

Post by virus »

perrinoia wrote:Are you talking about the map that Virus & Anthrax made, that was shaped like a canoe?

I fucking hated it... Every time I got near the enemy flag, I died from hitting some random trigger that claimed to be the mission area boundary, even though it was well within the boundaries, and the arena.

Sorry about that. I'll take a look at that map. The mission boundary should have only been beyond the walls.
[NHOP]Virus
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Thanks, that will resolve my only complaint about the map.

It would have been a good map, if it weren't for those cotton picking triggers.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Yeah those triggers were in really odd positions.. I feel like you should be able to touch the arena wall at the least all the way around >_>
virus

Post by virus »

Lawlz wrote:Yeah those triggers were in really odd positions.. I feel like you should be able to touch the arena wall at the least all the way around >_>
I checked the trigger locations and nothing obscure was found. The trigger locations are halfway through the top of the iblock. Meaning, you should be able to stand on the iblock safely, but once you cross the line is when the trigger should... well trigger.

How about I just remove the triggers? The map seems large enough.
[NHOP]Virus