function Mission::init() {deleteVariables("teamItemCount*");

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: function Mission::init() {deleteVariables("teamItemCount

Post by perrinoia »

You should definitely keep the triggers, but there is definitely something funky around the flag position.

Can you send me the map, so I can look at the positions of the triggers, and how you coded them?
virus

Post by virus »

Ghost wrote:Triggers are funky. Do you have isSphere = "True"; ?
Yes.
perrinoia wrote:You should definitely keep the triggers, but there is definitely something funky around the flag position.

Can you send me the map, so I can look at the positions of the triggers, and how you coded them?
Yes. PM sent.
[NHOP]Virus
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

I find even on the edges the triggers go off. (Well before you're near the top of the iblock even.)

I pretty much go to ride the wall with my face, and I end up hitting the trigger somehow. So I just started rocketing people into the wall to kill them @_@
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yup, make isSphere = "False"; and fix your syntax error in the dsc file, and that mission will be 100% better!

I died when ever I got near the NHOP tags, even though the triggers are no where near there. I would try to spawn rush the enemy flag, and die moments after grabbing the flag.

Then, I figured I'd attempt to swipe the flag from the sides, but as Lawls pointed out, the sides walls were laced with invisible death traps, too.

Finally, I decided to try a hard landing, followed by boosting back to my base, but that there, previously mentioned, dubious mother fucker, rocketed me into the walls.

I nearly put my head through my computer screen!
:hbeat:
Last edited by perrinoia on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
virus

Post by virus »

Got it.
[NHOP]Virus
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

perrinoia wrote:Are you talking about the map that Virus & Anthrax made, that was shaped like a canoe?

I fucking hated it... Every time I got near the enemy flag, I died from hitting some random trigger that claimed to be the mission area boundary, even though it was well within the boundaries, and the arena.
I had the same deal goin on... and the server was out of deployables again the other night too. (needed reset or ?)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

So, apparently, crow moves code around, on occasion. He feels that a function would be more appropriate in a different file, so he cuts and pastes into the other file, then saves both and doesn't reset the server because players are connected.

The problem occurs when the mission changes, and one of the two files he edited gets reloaded, but the other does not... Suddenly, you've got an undefined function, or something wonky going on.

When that is the cause of the problem, simply restarting the server fixes it.

I'm not quite sure why he overwrites files before checking if the server is in use, but that is what is going on.

What ends up happening, is the game becomes unplayable over time, and players start to disconnect, and eventually the server is empty and he resets the whole thing... In the mean time, he could just announce the server is going to restart for updates and players will reconnect, and instead of having people reporting bugs, he'll have people bitching that he restarted the server mid match... lol

It's really a lose lose, scenario.

Perhaps, rather than checking the player count, he should check the time limit.

Or, even better... in the console, type:

Code: Select all

function repeat() { messageAll(0, "The server will automatically restart for maintenance at the end of the mission, please reconnect!~wthanks.wav"); schedule("repeat();", 60); }
repeat();
function Mission::init() { quit(); }
This way, the players will see that message every minute until the end of the mission, and will know to reconnect.
The only problem will be if there is no time limit, and flag captures are disabled... In which case, the mission will never end.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I thought that was the cause, but it turns out it was the uber maps overwriting the function, and not recalling the file to reload it. Put in the wrong files when I uploaded uber maps. For now uber maps have been moved.

ps: perr stop trying so hard, you going to over work your self.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Lol...
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Hahaha, I get it.