Fix server/client crashing bugs

LM|RCMP*

Fix server/client crashing bugs

Post by LM|RCMP* »

I have no idea what is causing it, ( I have my own suspicions its not really a what, but a "who""), but it needs to be fixed. I have seen a few times where a player (it has happened to me a bunch), crashes multiple times in a match, and it happens on various maps, so im certain its not a missing file issue. I have also seen where multiple players crash at the same time where others do not. This occurs even when those players have been playing for a while on the map, so I'm pretty sure again its not a missing file issue. Some people that i have talked to have said a server restart might help. Any other ideas to help would be appreciated
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Fix server/client crashing bugs

Post by perrinoia »

Could be DDOS or too many exports.

The mod exports a lot of crap frequently, for stats and shit. If it happens too frequently, everyone lags.

Impatient players will disconnect. Patient/AFK players will wait it out.
LM|RCMP*

Post by LM|RCMP* »

is it possible for one client to make another specific player crash, without affecting other players? no i dont want to know how to do it, I want to know if it is possible that another player is or has, done this to other players
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It is definitely possible for anyone with tricon access (Death666 and Crow) to crash specific players.
It is also possible for any admin to crash specific players who are using OpenGL rendering.

It's also conceivable that someone has discovered what actions cause the server unnecessary lag spikes due to logging stats or something... And the impatient people quit when the server lags.