Dallas Backup Server Observer Issue

KILROY

Dallas Backup Server Observer Issue

Post by KILROY »

While in Obs mode, you don't follow the person your obs'n, nor do you continue to follow anyone when switching the obs. It does move to the next person to obs, but only show's them moving away, you don't move with them.

EDIT: Also, as an admin and selecting to obs a person, it move's to an empty spot on the map and show's the person's name your suppose to be obs'n, but no one is there.

EDIT 2: It also auto assign's you to a team upon starting a new map.
assasin

Re: Dallas Backup Server Observer Issue

Post by assasin »

Its been mentioned many times that that server runs the old edit. Having everyone in obs after the start of the next map is a new thing. For observing someone, try using the next/previous weapon bind to select different perspective in observe, its like that in the normal server as well.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Players defaulting to Observer on map end was in the first patch of 2017
http://www.br.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8999

Backup server is a bit behind, but I think some of those Observer bugs are in the main server still.

One cool thing about Tribes: Ascend was when they added all the extra Observer quality of life things like quickly switching to flag carriers and everything that made shout-casting matches work way better.

The LT server might have some of these features now that I think about it. There's probably some simple things we could work on in that regard for Annihilation.
assasin

Post by assasin »

The observer thing kilroy said is probably the observer mode where you can move your camera everywhere from the place that player was there.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Possibly assasin, but I was used to observer mode staying with a player of your choosing, and being able to view that player in different views, either close up or far away, and then being able to switch to another person in game playing, or just not view anyone at all. I don't see it doing this anymore. Nor have I tried to use any other keys to see if it's possible, like the key binding you relayed, but will try it out next time I'm on. Thanks for mention.