New Maps Progress

AnniDv6

Re: New Maps Progress

Post by AnniDv6 »

PROGRESS:
---------------------------------------
4/26/2013
Here are a few things I've been working on.

Bullseye2
A few people have complained about Bullseye lately because of the bases so I decided to make changes similar to what S_hift recommended to me. I have named the map Bullseye2 so it won't ever replace the original by accident and also because having two versions of a map floating around with the same name isn't good. Personally I would like to have the original removed and only have this one on the server, but keep in mind the rotation of maps should be random after the update so always playing number 2 after 1 won't be an issue, nor will Bullseye constantly being played as it is now because it comes after Broadside alphabetically.

Changes made to map:
*Removed underground team bases.
*Removed spawn tower and teleport.
*Added above ground team bases. Bases are the same as the team bunkers from Freezer.
*Added a team only teleport inside their bases that goes outside with multiple possible exit spots.
*The objective and flags remain as they were before with no changes. Almost all of the original start and re-spawn positions remain the same with the majority being outside the team base.

Pictures here:
http://imgur.com/0FigQeG,DUjJMwt,o0udfu ... 8w,JPoU0lj
------------------------------------------------------

Bloodbath3
I changed a few things on this map to try to get it to play a bit better, while still being a bloodbath.

Changes made to map:
*Added two large spacers between the two teams bases to break up the main hall. It will now take more effort to get the enemy flag home.
*Improved the re-spawn positions such that players won't constantly spawn right outside their teams entrance making it nearly impossible to get out with an enemy flag.
*Players now have a high chance of re-spawning in an area away from either teams flag base.
*The general flow of the flag play should be a lot better now and kills will feel more rewarding as they won't re-spawn right by you.

Pictures here:
http://imgur.com/2bvH7ZB,aQLEG1v,fQfkiOg,4FU3KFd

Freezer
General fixes.

Changes made to map:
*Fixed the lighting and changed to a day map.
*Removed bunkers on the roof to make it more difficult to lock the roof down for an entire match.

Pictures here:
(First image is how it was before, second is the same spot as it is now)
http://imgur.com/wkWmbSv,7yeYwLK,Nx29Ee ... tJ,pKbl4Jg

RelayStation2
I overhauled this map to make it more compatible to the way Annihilation mod plays (hence the 2). This map should actually be a lot of fun now. I still need to make the objective an equal distance from each team base so the turret deploy positions from the flags will be fair. The satellite dish is an objective you can capture and get up onto. Having the objective or at least being able to stand on the dish will give that team an advantage as there's a perfect line of site to both flags. The objective dish, plasma turrets and elevator are all powered by two power plants, one being close to each teams base. Owning the objective and keeping the power on should be an interesting feat.

Changes made to map:
*Changed the team bases from being a smaller drop ship to one that has more room.
*Adjusted flag position accordingly. It's now in an area that won't be insanely easy to defend.
*General cleanup of extra objects to reduce fps drops.
*Added a minor hole in the satellite dish along with an elevator that goes up to it.

Pictures here:
http://imgur.com/mjoEJBR,waVKHga,LuxrVn ... Q5,ST0iNBG
JeSuS

Post by JeSuS »

you know death I would actually have to go and agree with bo and say take a look at some of those meltdown maps. I use to play meltdown alot and in the next few days im gonna point out a few maps and maybe edit a few to help out if I have time
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Almost all of those maps he uploaded are corrupted in some way and won't play in game. When you open the .mis files it looks like they have been encrypted. I did get a lot of maps from the <!> server, but I need more maps. There are some really good ones out there that aren't hosted on the TE file library. If you could upload those meltdown maps it would help.
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Last edited by Jegue on Sun May 05, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- <!>Tariq^
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Thanks I'll look into those Jegue. Fox that map is client side. Any map that has a custom terrain file requires it to be downloaded for people to play it. We don't put client side maps on BR right now because the majority of the players would never download the file and every time that map is played they would get instantly booted from the server and wouldn't be able to join until a different map. It's a shame because there are a lot of really good client side maps out there like the DOX maps and the Open Call 3 maps.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Bump. Update coming soon should be tonight or tomorrow. Currently shooting for a June 1st release with around 60 maps being added
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Hell yeah!
- <!>Tariq^
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Great work Death.

Thank You!!

Owner