New Map: FreeTreats

AnniDv6

Re: New Map: FreeTreats

Post by AnniDv6 »

If you mean by clicking relight in the editor then yes that would make it clientside because you're changing the .TED file which is the terrain. That's why on a lot of maps you'll see shadows from the original bases cast on the ground. Lots of maps would look a lot better if we could relight them. You can use point lights though. I'll take a look at the map after work today.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Crap I just did the ted lighting in the update! If you could do me a huge favor and make the map server side I'd really appreciate it. I finished the map 100% tested and everything is working good. I even manged to get my easter egg working without bobs help :)

anyway here are the map files.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fwiho ... pdated.zip

If you take care of this for me, feel free to add yourself in the credits.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I have a feeling you going to have to restart using the first link you posted lol. Idk for sure though.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Nope! Got it working as intended. Easter eggs included. Everything working 100%.

- Ramps fixed
- two mortar turrets removed 1 from each team.
- easter egg fixed.
- shadows fixed and working for serverside.

I know it says updated. I deleted it from my downloads and reuploaded the latest.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6fw1 ... pdated.zip

Edit: I added the code for the electric beam data block. Doesn't seem to do anything in while hosting a base server.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

You shouldn't need to upload or send the .ted file with the map as the players won't be using that file anyways and the host doesn't require it either. If it's a server side map you should really never have a .ted file actually named after your new map anyways. The players and host are loading their standard MidnightMayhem.ted and MidnightMayhem.vol files when they play your map and any changes to those is what would make your map client side. Those are the files called upon by the .mis for the terrain and terrain lighting and if you were to change it to use a .ted or .vol that the players don't have it would also be client side.

The electrical beams seemed to work for me. They fade out when both generators are destroyed and fade back in when at least one of them is repaired. Maybe the animation doesn't show up in software mode I didn't test it.

Change the type to this at the bottom of the .mis file.

Code: Select all

$Game::missionType = "CTF";
For the map markers it's better to use whatever base names the server currently uses for that teams name. For example BR uses Attrition and Aggression for team0 and team1 so almost all of the maps list those names on the command menu. To change the map marker names to use the server team names open up the .mis file for the map, ctrl+f search "map", and change the names.

Example:
Change from this:

instant SimGroup "MapMarkers" {
		instant Marker "Map Marker1" {
			dataBlock = "MapMarker";
			name = "Blood Eagle  Hangar";
			position = "-327.625 -30.0106 102";
			rotation = "0 0 0";
		};
			dataBlock = "MapMarker";
			name = "Diamond Sword  Hangar";
			position = "200.5 94.8615 80.9243";
			rotation = "0 0 0";
		};
To this:

dataBlock = "MapMarker";
			name = "<vServer::teamName0> Hangar";
			rotation = "0 0 0";
		};
			dataBlock = "MapMarker";
			name = "<vServer::teamName1> Hangar";
			rotation = "0 0 0";
		};
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Lame, I'm not about to do all that bullshit. I made the map. up to you guys to utilize it. I'm sick of making maps and no one even using them. I've made a pretty decent set of maps and no one gives a flying fuck. So fuck it. Just edit them and add credits. You guys have the most say in what gets added anyway. I'm just building the damn thing. I don't care what you do with the team names and labeling just don't fuck with my intended design like what was done with plasmatics maps. That shit pisses me off and I'm sure it pissed him off too.

edit: I've had a really shitty day and I don't need this. Just edit it and tell me what you fixed for me so I know what to do next time. Thanks in advanced.