Post by S_hift »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ya7a8 ... edator.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j6fw1 ... pdated.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/drcgd ... ngside.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dciob ... _Oasis.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/607ni ... h_2247.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wtk9l ... oaster.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/so5c2 ... ndMine.zip <-- Latest map

These maps are 100% serverside. Feel free to edit the team names for your server. If you feel as tho repair kits or repair packs are missing feel free to add them. All I ask that you don't change the intended designs. If you do decide to change something on it, please ask me first. My Xfire is: shiftoz
Last edited by S_hift on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
S_hift

Re: All of my maps so far...

Post by S_hift »

Bump. New map LandMine
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Do you want me to .zip these all together and send it over to owner or have you already done that?

The only thing I really question is why you added about fifty flags as happy flag protection on only one of the maps, Alien vs. Predator. It seems like that could possibly create lag spots when looking in that direction for some players. Also it's a bit unnecessarily as there really isn't a lot of flag chase play in annihilation anyways. Intentional?
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Death666 wrote:Do you want me to .zip these all together and send it over to owner or have you already done that?

The only thing I really question is why you added about fifty flags as happy flag protection on only one of the maps, Alien vs. Predator. It seems like that could possibly create lag spots when looking in that direction for some players. Also it's a bit unnecessarily as there really isn't a lot of flag chase play in annihilation anyways. Intentional?

Yes Very intentional. You see when plasmatic made happy breaker, He didn't bother to sink the flags low enough into the ground. So at distances you would see flags poke out. Even if you were using legitimate models.

What I did was sink them low enough to the players client wouldn't draw the shape. Thus no lag was felt. However, when I tested with the hmbase flag.dts it increased tremendous amount of lag. Thus encouraging the user to simply drop that noob shit.

The map was named alien vs predator to combat two types of people. Happy flag users and happy mod users.

Grabbing the objective in the middle grants you the ability to see more red triangles because of sunken and indestructible radars. People using hm.exe have no desire to obtain objectives. They have one track minds. Kill the player killing me the most. Thus the objective becomes redundant. However a true player will go for objectives. This evens out the playing field.

The main reason why there isn't a lot of flag play in annihilation, is that not many know, nor do they understand the techniques of destroying a base effectively. Another reason why there isn't a lot of flag play in annihilation is because on 70% of the maps, the flags are always protected by the base. So the flag is never in a compromising position anyway. Something I've always favored on doing with my maps was putting the flag in a very compromising place.

This increases the learning curve and enforces game play. It entices the players to grab the flag as it is easily accessible. At the expense of leaving their base undefended. In reality you'll only have one option. Defend the base, or defend the flag.

This is the basic game-play mechanic that made tribes what it was and what it still is. However a lot of people seem to lack that understanding. Call me bigot, or elitist, But we must revive the old ways while retaining the new ways.

AvP was merely a test that has yet to be experimented. As far as balance. It is not a balanced map. There aren't even repair packs. And for a good reason. The map is intended to be the focal point of the term "annihilation." It is the natural selection of tribes maps. The strong will prevail while the weak and noobish will rage quit and disconnect. In contrast the team who prevails will be rewarded with a sense of achievement, and the team that looses will learn how to better themselves against adversaries of greater skill. Thus they will greatly improve over all if they are willing to take the beating.

This method is what has made great players. You will never become great if you fail to push yourself to be better. It would be nice to see this map on BrAnnihilation, because I believe it would increase the overall skill of incompetent players and make the learning curve smoother. Which in turn would make better games, and fairer overall teams within the player base.

Edit: the overall concept of free treats was to make a map everyone would enjoy playing. Also featuring a very rewarding easter egg for those willing enough to share the free treat.

Longside was purely an objective based ctf map. Though not exactly the greatest map for flag play, the objective play should be quite fun for both teams (offense and defense).

Stonehenge 2247 is a map based solely on fun flag play for everyone. You don't need to know complex routes. As the ramps allow you to go from base to base without ever touching the ground. Btw the ramps are supposed to be loading docks for the starfleet command ships. I thought it would be interesting to add a bit of lore in the description of the map.

Troller coaster is just a map based on roller coaster. It was actually one of the few maps that I made out of impulse. In other words I made this map just to see if I could make it. This was one of the first maps I've made.

Landmine was a map based solely for annihilation play. Hence why it has such robust defenses already built into the bases.

There probably are a few slip-ups. As I usually forget to add "map markers" to my maps. And team names. Feel free to add those. Also you can add a repair pack to AvP if you want. But I wouldn't recommend it, because it only takes two repair kits to fully heal a generator. I feel as though people should be forced to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the team.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Nice. It's always good to get some insight into the maps design. I wasn't planning on touching the repair packs or anything else and the team names thing was merely a suggestion in the other thread. I might fix the ones that have blank map markers currently since it is nice to be able to see exactly where the enemy base is on the map and it looks weird having un-named dots on the command screen, but I really don't care if they are consistent or not or if you add them on your maps. I just thought I would let you know about it because I didn't know how to do it until I looked at the Broadside map markers.

Along these same lines if you want your objective switches to have actual names rather than "Playername captured for the X team" you can add this line in the .mis under the switch part.

Code: Select all

objectiveName = "the Watch Tower";
Example:

Code: Select all

};
		instant StaticShape "Switch" {
			dataBlock = "TowerSwitch";
			name = "Tower Switch";
			position = "0 -5 2427";
			rotation = "0 0 0";
			destroyable = "True";
			deleteOnDestroy = "False";
			trainingObjectiveComplete = "true";
			objectiveLine = "15";
			numSwitchTeams = "0";
			rotates = "False";
			collideable = "False";
			count = "0";
			scoreValue = "1";
			objectiveName = "the Watch Tower";
		};
So it will read "Playername captured the Watch Tower for the X team" in the game chat. Change the name to whatever you want.

Again I don't care either way really and I'm not trying to nitpick, but it's nice to know if you're ocd and having blank objective names bothers you or you want a specific name for an objective.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

yeah I have no problems adding labels and names to things. Its just I get lazy when I finish up a map. The only thing I don't really know how to do is make moving doors and elevators. Or add damage to certain zones. I'd like to make some maps with booby traps.