map proposal

what should we do about the maps?

add new ones
18%
remove old ones
No votes
make a new rotation
9%
make a more relevant rotation (maps only good for anni)
9%
all the above
64%

Total votes: 11

item9

map proposal

Post by item9 »

I'm opening a poll to see what can be done about the maps. I'll agree with lawlz that some maps are just a claustrophobic nightmare.
BlackSheep

Re: map proposal

Post by BlackSheep »

I can make a script to analyze map statistics. I can log how many people join/drop when a map is being played, how many votes to change mission occur when a map is being played, and which maps are being voted up/played the most. This data will tell us what is the most popular and what is not. Then we can derive a new map rotation from the data after a week or so?

Just an idea, in short it would just be a statistical analysis of the maps.

Let me know what you guys think ok
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

^ That would be most accurate.

However, don't get rid of some of decent close range spawn maps like BloodBath.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Just don get rid of The side maps like broad and blast those are my favorite
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
item9

Post by item9 »

ok how about this. I remember perrinoia talking about how mem.dll can be written to automatically download map files. This would actually be a very good direction that way the current mappers don't have to be so limited to their workspace. Like there are things i wanna do with a map that I simply can't because it would mean forcing people to download the map file. I would like to use custom bases or terrains in my maps and we can kill this clientside/serverside fiasco.

but also the idea is to make the plugin easy to install and work for any version of tribes.
BlackSheep

Post by BlackSheep »

I might be able to make a clientside script that does that also. you can use the HTMLOpen function to pull up download links...
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Great ideas... I really like some of these new maps. I think we need to play them a while and see, I like script idea to analyze it too.
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman