Latest anni weapon hud?

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Latest anni weapon hud?

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

D4M45T3R wrote:it is stupid wep hud. u use same icon/ammo count for multiple weapons. terrible, just terrible.
ohhh, and does this mean you're going to make us a better one?? :D

if you need ammo count, or any info of a gun on that list, just let me know.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Which mods do you play?

Getting a list of weapons shouldn't be that hard...
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:Which mods do you play?

Getting a list of weapons shouldn't be that hard...
for every mod....

and he plays base.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't understand... Why do you need a weapon hud for mods you don't play?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

well people do play annihilation too.. :lol:

i welcome anything he makes for us, but outside of anni / base, the list of mods that get play time isn't that big.

http://www.thelandofoz.net/shoutcast/

here's some ss of a config im working on for phr33ky. im pretty sure all this stuff was made by stork, but man that weapon hud loooks sexy as hell. going to play around with it and add anni weapon support to it. :D

cant post this config though without storks permission. if he says it's cool ill share with everyone else when i get everything sorted out.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That does look pretty clean, but I have a suggestion...

Since that weapon hud only shows the mounted weapon, it would be nice to know what other weapons you have, but why limit to just weapons? Can you show all of your inventory... Using shapefiles from the itemdata datablock (the image that spins around in the inventory menu), but preferably not spinning. It would be like the left side of the inventory menu, but with pictures instead of words.
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

i wasnt talking about making anything. i was implying u did a terrible job considering u could just duplicate icons and edit the script.

im also not a coder/scripter so only thing i can do are icons in this case. do u have serverside .dts for weps?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

HE didn't do a terrible job... YOU are...

You downloaded a hud for a mod you don't play, and bitched that it isn't compatible with other mods that nobody plays.

The hud works great for it's intended purpose, which is Annihilation, and it was developed from one that was designed for base, so it should work for both mods that YOU play, but you aren't satisfied?

That shit doesn't make any sense, and neither does your last question.
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

wow did you even read the thread?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I figured reusing imgs was easier than making new images for every gun. Most guns in anni look like original guns, so reusing something like chaingun or mortar for these guns isn't a bad thing. In fact the old school hudbot weapons hud also reused disc / mortar imgs on other guns in anni.

My original goal when making the weapons hud work with anni, was just to remake my config from 1.11 to 1.40. Though there was many scripts at this time that I was having to convert / recreate in 1.40. All of which I did, and improved the weapons hud a little in fact. :lol:

It use to give that ? for more guns in the mod too, but now every gun gets a proper image. And to answer your question, no, the guns in anni don't have custom .dts file. They're actually just one gun, with other imgs mounted onto the player. In the screenshot below, that is a target laser, with 2 snipers and an epack mounted onto it. You can barely see the target laser at the tip of the epack.

ps: perr, stop spazzing out every where!!!
Attachments
hudbot.jpg