[Map] BottomsUp

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: [Map] BottomsUp

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

i thought the second one was called corkscrew.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh yeah, I forgot the airbase teleports you...

I'll have to modify the map again... This morning I perfected some code that detects when players are on the wrong side of the terrain... Perhaps I'll put it to good use, here.

I can also disable airbases by setting the teamItemCount, for each team.

The generators outside of the mission area are not party I'd the mission. Must be from the arena.

The swastika was intentional. http://proswastika.org
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:i thought the second one was called corkscrew.
If I remember correctly, Corkscrew was a daytime map. I haven't seen it since I used to play HaVoC.
One of my favorite tricks was to deploy a tractor turret on a platform out in mid-air alongside the base and cloak it.
Enemies ascending the ramps would get sucked off to their death.

(...sounds like a great way to die!) :roflz:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I'm pretty sure the original version, which had inventory stations, was called corkscrew.

Maybe the new spawn only version was called Bottoms_Up. I don't know.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

They aren't the same map and Bottoms_Up isn't a spawn map. I'm not sure what happened to CorkScrew. Actually I don't see it ever having been on BR at least going as far back as 2011. I think we used to play it on Annihilation NJ or Cybertron and definitely a few times on the <!> server and the bottom team would get wrecked every time. Also the map boundaries were very close so when bouncy borders were added a lot of times when you would knock someone off they would bounce back and surprise kill you. It was a great awful map.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yes, Cork Screw was a hosted map in <!> Matter of fact S@ND just re-hosted multiple servers again.