[Map] Hungry_Hippos

perrinoia
Site Admin

[Map] Hungry_Hippos

Post by perrinoia »

No pics, this time... Too tired.

Basically, it's an arena with 4 walls made of newDams.dis, floor and ceiling are annihilator.ted, 2 team bases made of einterface.dis, and 2 objectives made of hinterface.dis...

There is a trigger that constantly checks if players in the mission area are between the two terrains, and crushes them if not.
Last edited by perrinoia on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_hift

Re: Hungry_Hippos

Post by S_hift »

I tried to view this map but it just crashed me.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Hmm... I was half asleep when I posted it, maybe I broke it, before I uploaded it... LOL

I'll check.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

how about you just make your maps with 1.11/1.30 like the rest of us :younoob:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Or, how bout I just don't make mistakes that cause Tribes to crash while editing missions, such as changing the current mission, or flying the editor camera through a selected object.

When I edit missions, I position most of the objects with the editor (using snap features), and save frequently, just in case it does crash. (I learned that lesson in high school, when my classmate consistently kicked the powerstrip that my computer was plugged into).

When I'm satisfied with the appearance of the map, I exit Tribes and open the mission files in Crimson Editor, and begin cleaning it up and making it backwards compatible.

Then I write scripts at the bottom of the MIS file, such as the Labyrinth code that spins walls, or the Whack_A_Mole code that crushes sneaky players who venture to the wrong side of the terrain...

In hind sight, I don't think I ever modified the DSC file for this map.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

we will just upgrade server to 1.4 version. problem solved!!!

:crow:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

An expert coder like yourself could knock out that update in what, an hour? Assuming you didn't get distracted by someone challenging you to a duel, of course. :sarcasm:
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:An expert coder like yourself could knock out that update in what, an hour? Assuming you didn't get distracted by someone challenging you to a duel, of course. :sarcasm:
Uhhhhhh, maybe a week. Lots of rerouting going on with a 1.4 update. Though plas told me he already reworked most of anni into a 1.4 build.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OK, I've fixed the map problems... Here's the new download, plus screenshots!

Attachments
Hungry_Hippos.zip
Fixed compatibility issues!
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

perrinoia wrote:Or, how bout I just don't make mistakes that cause Tribes to crash while editing missions, such as changing the current mission, or flying the editor camera through a selected object.

When I edit missions, I position most of the objects with the editor (using snap features), and save frequently, just in case it does crash. (I learned that lesson in high school, when my classmate consistently kicked the powerstrip that my computer was plugged into).

When I'm satisfied with the appearance of the map, I exit Tribes and open the mission files in Crimson Editor, and begin cleaning it up and making it backwards compatible.

Then I write scripts at the bottom of the MIS file, such as the Labyrinth code that spins walls, or the Whack_A_Mole code that crushes sneaky players who venture to the wrong side of the terrain...

In hind sight, I don't think I ever modified the DSC file for this map.

I think you just hit something on the head. A fix for players exiting out of bounds on indoor maps and a fix for players going under the map. The under the map part could easily be autoloaded into every map with a server modification. the indoor maps would all have to be redone to feature this.