[Map] The Lost City

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: [Map] The Lost City

Post by perrinoia »

Oh, there's only a few things I would optimize, but I'm still not quite sure what the whole point is...

Are you telling me you've got a king of the hill game type in Arena?

Or there's some kind of throne that you mount players on?

I don't understand.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

lol...
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Code: Select all

function checkKingsThrone()
{
	if(!$Legendz::Throne)	// I'm guessing this is toggled by an admin... -perrinoia
		return;

$Kingevenodd = !$Kingevenodd; //switches from 1 to 0... tells every other check... used to check if in both new & old sets
	%set = newObject("throne"@$Kingevenodd, SimSet);  
	AddToSet("MissionCleanup\\Arena", %set);
	%pos=GetOffsetRot("-155.5 0 5.5", "0 0 0", $Arena::Spawn);
	containerBoxFillSet(%set, $SimPlayerObjectType, %pos, 14, 14, 20, 0);	// Small box to scan... -perrinoia
	%num = Group::objectCount(%set);

for(%i = 0; %i < %num; %i++)
	{
		%obj = Group::getObject(%set, %i);
		%clientId = Player::getClient(%obj);
		if(!%clientId.isTheKing)	// Not the king... Whatever that means... -perrinoia
		{
			GameBase::setRotation(%obj, "0 0 " @ getWord(GameBase::getRotation(%obj), 2));	// Interesting solution for tipsy players... -perrinoia
			Player::applyImpulse(%obj, Vector::getFromRot(GameBase::getRotation(%obj), -3000, 3000));	// Oh, we're boosting non-royalty... I get it now. -perrinoia
			schedule(sprintf("if(!Player::isAIControlled(%1)) Client::sendMessage(%1, 1, \"~wmale3.wbye.wav\");", %obj), 2);	// Where should I begin? -perrinoia
			// 1) %cl = %obj?  Why? Just use %obj instead of making a whole new variable with an inappropriate name. -perrinoia
			// 2) Check if the player is a bot before sending a message to reduce error messages in console. -perrinoia
			// 3) There is no 3rd argument in function schedule, stop putting object ID's there. -perrinoia
			// 4) function sprintf() is nifty, and can shorten the length of certain lines of code by a few characters. -perrinoia
		}
		else	// All hail whoever this guy is, I guess. -perrinoia
		{
// 			%now = getSimTime(); //AFK System -DaJ4ck3L
// 			%clientId.lastActiveTimestamp = %now; //AFK System -DaJ4ck3L
			%clientId.lastActiveTimeStamp = getSimTime();	// No need for this to take up two lines of code. -perrinoia
			%obj.izking = true;	// Wut do? -perrinoia
			%clientId.KingonThrone = true;	// Wut do? -perrinoia
			%obj.onThrone = 1 + $Kingevenodd; //1 half the time & 2 other half... used to check if in this set while searching the old set
		}
	}
	%num = Group::objectCount($Kingset);
	for(%j = 0; %j < %num; %j++)
	{
		%obj = Group::getObject($Kingset, %j);
		%clientId = Player::getClient(%obj);
		%name = GameBase::getDataName(%obj);
		if(%obj.onThrone && %obj.onThrone != ($Kingevenodd + 1))	// Dethroning because they weren't in the box? -perrinoia
		{
			%obj.izking = false;	// Player is no longer king, but client is? -perrinoia
			%clientId.KingonThrone = false;	// Client is not on the throne? Why is this important enough to be stored in a property? -perrinoia
			%obj.onThrone = 0;	// Player is also not on the throne... Why is this stored in two places?
			// %client.isTheKing = ?;	// Still the king, but he got up to stretch his legs? -perrinoia
		}
	}
	deleteObject($Kingset); //delete the old set
	$Kingset = %set; //and replace with new set

schedule("checkKingsThrone();", 1);
}

//	Where is the code that makes someone king? -perrinoia
//	Appointed by admin, control switch, points? -perrinoia

// The following variables are very redundant.  As far as I can tell, you only need 1 to determine who doesn't get boosted. -perrinoia
// if(%obj.isKing)				%obj = 		King's Player ID.
// if(%clientID.isTheKing)		%clientID = King's Client ID.
// if(%obj.onThrone)			Player is contained in the box.
// if(%clientId.KingonThrone)	Client is contained in the box.
I assume there is more code to go with this... I'm curious what this is for, and why it is so redundant.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

%obj.izking this is what makes the player invincible (for everyone in OZ).

%clientId.KingonThrone this is something i made to access invo on the throne (only for me, though i never used it. need to delete.).

%obj.onThrone = 1 + $Kingevenodd; this creates two sets, so it makes a new set, before deleting the old one (hmmm, after looking at it, seems i messed up with this, and it's only used atm to check if they not on throne).

I'll have to show you what this does sometime.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Not knowing what the rest of that shit was for, I rewrote it... LOL

Code: Select all

function checkKingsThrone()
{
	if(!$Legendz::Throne)
		return;
	%set = newObject("temp", SimSet);	// Not saving this shit beyond the scope of this function.
	%num = containerBoxFillSet(%set, $SimPlayerObjectType, Vector::add("-155.5 0 5.5", $Arena::Spawn), 14, 14, 20, 0);	// No need for Group::objectCount, as this command returns the number of objects found.
	while(0 <= %num--)	// Count down from max to zero... Less typing for lazy scriptors.
	{
		%player = Group::getObject(%set, %num);	// Naming variables appropriately.
		%client = Player::getClient(%player);
		if(%client != $Elvis)	// Using global variables which are easier to retrieve and reset.
		{
			Player::applyImpulse(%obj, Vector::getFromRot(GameBase::getRotation(%obj), -3000, 3000));	// Combined multiple lines of code
			if(!Player::isAIControlled(%player))	// If a bot ever did stroll into the throne, your console would be spammed with error messages from trying to message them.
				AI::soundHelper(%client, %client, "bye");	// Send the message using the client's own voice instead of hard coding.
		}
		else
			echo(%royals++ @") King "@ Client::getName(%client) @" is on the throne.");	// Count number of kings on the throne (maybe there's more than 1, who knows?).
	}
	if(%royals < 1)	// Checks if the king was found.
		echo("King "@ Client::getName($Elvis) @" is not on the throne.");	// Announces who the king is, in console.
	deleteObject(%set);	// Honey badger don't care, delete this shit.
	schedule("checkKingsThrone();", 1);
}

// Stands a DropPointMarker up-right, so players don't get tipsy when they spawn.
function DropPointMarker::cureHangOver(%this)
{
	GameBase::setRotation(%this, "0 0 "@ getWord(GameBase::getRotation(%this), 2));
}

// Only need to do this once per mission, rather than fixing every player (on the throne), every second.
Group::iterateRecursive(nameToID("MissionGroup"), GameBase::virtual, "cureHangOver");	// stands all of the drop points in the mission up-right.
Group::iterateRecursive(nameToID("MissionCleanup"), GameBase::virtual, "cureHangOver");	// stands all of the other drop points up-right, too.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

haha, Elvis...
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

If he fits, he sits.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Did you want the version in the original post added so we can test it?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Changed the type in .dsc to
$MDESC::Type = "Capture the Flag Ground";

and added to the server. I didn't add any code or make any of the changes talked about on page 1. If you want them make them and reup.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

thank you^^
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads