[Map] Dam_it

perrinoia
Site Admin

[Map] Dam_it

Post by perrinoia »

All of the elevator shafts contain GravLifts, which are triggers that replace your energy as you use your jets to fly up the shaft. It was far easier to code that, than fight with the editor to make moveable elevator platforms appear!
Plus, I like to add scripts to my maps, and that was a good excuse.
Attachments
Dam_it.zip
Fixed compatibility issue
(6.61 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by perrinoia on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
S_hift

Re: Dam_it

Post by S_hift »

can i get a commander screen view of the mission area?
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

I get it now lol

I think i'll make Bella Omega again. I'm gonna need your help with some of the scripting on it... especially on the grav lift.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Download this map, and copy the code.

PS: It just occurred to me that I didn't test the code with Annihilation armors...
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

The grav lifts don't push you at all... You still have to jump and jet... They just increase your energy 3 times a second while you are jetting.

The formula is GameBase::setEnergy(%that, GameBase::getEnergy(%that) + (Player::getArmor(%that).jetEnergyDrain * 6));

So, take 6 times the amount of energy your jets use, and add it to your current energy level, but only if you are jetting, inside the bounds of the trigger, and the trigger is either assigned to your team or no team. Oh, and the trigger needs to have an active power source, too. Rape the generators and the grav lift is just an empty elevator shaft.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

OK how about just make a real grab lift. Don't want ppl thinking you're hacking energy. Hell I could probably hack NRG seeing how this works.

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

S_hift wrote:OK how about just make a real grab lift. Don't want ppl thinking you're hacking energy. Hell I could probably hack NRG seeing how this works.

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk
lol try it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: [Map] Dam_it

Post by perrinoia »

OK, I'll add curved surfaces to the bottom and top of each elevator shaft, so you can ski through them, and add a velocity booster in function GrabLift::onTrigEnter(), not function GravLift::onTrigger(), because boosting 3 times a second will probably send you through the roof.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: [Map] Dam_it

Post by perrinoia »

I've replaced the attached file.. Here's the new download link, so you don't have to reload page 1.
download/file.php?id=886

I completely remade the map from scratch... It looks remarkably similar, but you'll find some subtle differences with the placement of virtually everything. Originally, I made the map by inserting each object rotating it the direction I wanted it to face, then positioning it somewhere close to where I wanted it, which was a pain in the ass, because the newDam's are inserted at a 45 degree angle.

This time, I left the newDams with a 0 degree angle, inserted all of the objects where I wanted them, and then rotated the entire team group.

Then rather than painstakingly doing the same thing for the other team, I simply saved and exited Tribes, opened the map in a text editor, copied the entire teamgroup, and wrote a simple function that mirrored the positions and rotations on the other side of the map.

I then reedited the mission and saved, then removed the script so it wouldn't put team1 back on the same side of the mission as team0.

It took me about half the time as building the original map, and everything is lined up so much nicer.

Also, I added vehicle stations.