[Map]Bella Omega

AnniDv6

Re: [Map]Bella Omega

Post by AnniDv6 »

Added to the server. I forgot to change the type to Ground on this one so it's under capture the flag on the second page for now. should be fixed when the server resets.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

tested it out. map was good. did you move the bases at all? for some reason the forcefield doors taht I mounted aren't flush with the bases anymore.

anyway you guys will love necro capping on this map
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Not intentionally. They may have been moved slightly when trying to move the triggers around. I probably should have locked everything first. Large triggers like that can be hard to grab on to in the edit. Test the grav lifts and let me know if that's what you wanted though and we can patch the triggers into the original inside the .mis

Also I think the flag should be raised to be level with the surface and maybe rotates 45 degrees so side routes aren't as hard. Even with the front force fields down it is a pretty hard grab.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

I designed the flag to be harder to grab simply because not every open flag map has to be easy to cap. Also because the ascend version had a couple variations of where the flag should go for fast capping.

Anyway I had a few thoughts on what to fix on it.

- Force Fields Door macos need to be flush with the ground. I was able to lob nukes beneath the door.
- A second beacon force in the upper grav chamber near the top inventory.
- increase the height of the flag/column & stand to where its flush with the middle balcony level.

301 views already lol gj fix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1MgQeGyMmU
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1MgQeG ... 3916#t=124

that flicker..... prob my biggest issue with maps being made now days. esp shift maps. if u just move these objects 0.01 or something crazy small like that, u get no flicker....
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Mmmm, dat flicker...

The problem with moving things 0.0001 meters is, it's enough to collide against while skiing. On the other hand, 0.125 meters isn't...

I know, the math doesn't add up, but in my experience, exactly 1/8 meter steps = ramp, while 0.0001 meter steps = wall.

For instance, if you were flying up that shaft, against the wall, when you reach the seem between the interior shapes, if there is any lip at all, you'll collide with it, and if you're moving fast enough, you'll take damage, too.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

id rather a collide going downward than having it look ugly as shit. though like you said, there is a sweet spot to edit it and still have no collide. ive done this with many maps already in arena.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

I can't help that happens when I copy a base and move it somewhere. Thats not really my fault but a limitation within the editor.

also you can remove that graphical bug by increasing the graphic settings in your card. nvidia has a control panel that allows you to run a program with specific settings
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

btw death flag should be fine. tested it out on a small group of people. The flag was pretty easy to get.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Umm, no... It's not the editor's fault, it's user error.
After you copy a base and reposition it, fix each object's position, individually.

Alternatively, you can copy the bases with a script, which won't fuck up the positions like the editor does.