[Map]Bella Omega

S_hift

[Map]Bella Omega

Post by S_hift »

So I finally remade Bella Omega. It took a couple days but its done. Most of the work involved getting the bases to line up with the tunnels and getting the lighting right so it looks like dawn.

Perrin, I tried to view Dam It but it kept crashing my editor. So I copied the block of code into a copy of the map to test it out and that kept crashing me too.

Could you kindly add the grav lifts to my map in the main shaft leading up to the middle station room? Also Make them part of the power group, so that when the gen is killed it shuts off all grav lift?

Bella Omega.zip
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: [Map]Bella Omega

Post by perrinoia »

Sorry, I forgot to rewrite the compatibility code after re-editing the map.

The editor rewrites that code...

I'll have to make your map compatible with 1.40 so I can edit it.. Too... LOL

PS: Is it supposed to be C&H?

PSS: I'm not quite sure where the gravlifts go... I mean, I think I know where to put the trigger, but I don't know how big to make it...

Also, should the triggers boost you, or just give you free energy the way that T:A gravlifts do?
Should the triggers react to enemies, or only teammates?

Code: Select all

function GrabLift::onTrigEnter(%this, %that, %trig)
{
	if(%this == %trig && GameBase::isPowered(%this))
	{
		%team = GameBase::getTeam(%this);
		if(%team < 0 || GameBase::getTeam(%that) == %team)
		{
			%vel = Item::getVelocity(%that);
			Item::setVelocity(%that, Vector::add(%vel, %vel));
			GameBase::playSound(%that, SoundFireGrenade, 1);
		}
	}
}

function GrabLift::onTrigger(%this, %that, %trig)
{
	if(%this == %trig && GameBase::isPowered(%this) && Player::isJetting(%that))
	{
			GameBase::setEnergy(%that, GameBase::getEnergy(%that) + (Player::getArmor(%that).jetEnergyDrain * 6));
	}
}

function GravLift::onTrigger(%this, %that, %trig)
{
	if(%this == %trig && GameBase::isPowered(%this) && Player::isJetting(%that))
	{
			GameBase::setEnergy(%that, GameBase::getEnergy(%that) + (Player::getArmor(%that).jetEnergyDrain * 6));
	}
}
That's the code I use in Dam_it. Copy and paste it into the bottom of your mission file, then edit the mission with Tribes again, and add GroupTriggers. Add them to the team groups if you want them to care which team players are on, or add them to a group outside of the team groups if you want them to not be prejudice. While in the f2 menu, click the textbox next to "Name:" and type "GrabLift" if you want them to boost you, or "GravLift" if you just want free energy.
I also change "GroupTrigger1", to either GrabLift or GravLift, but that's not required to make it work. It just helps me know which object is which in the editor.

Then save changes, press f5, and fly through the triggers to test em.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

can you just add them somewhere obvious in the map so I can just copy and move them around?

also yeah, just free energy and for all teams.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OK, I added a GravLift at position "0 0 0", and inserted the code at the bottom of the file.
I also made the mission compatible with 1.40 and 1.11, but as soon as you hit save in the editor, it will revert to whichever version you were using.

If you want to retain compatibility, simply replace all instances of

.zip";
and/or

.vol";
with

"@ %ext;	// Backwards compatibility, FTW! -perrinoia
If you want to make other missions compatible with both versions, you also need to defined %ext at the top of the file as follows:

%ext = getWord(".zip .vol", version() < 1.4);	// Backwards compatibility, FTW! -perrinoia
and replace the exec(*); in the mission with this code:

exec(getWord("server/game/fandr objectives", version() < 1.4));	// Backwards compatibility, FTW! -perrinoia
Attachments
Bella Omega.zip
(8.21 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

uhmmm. you know I just built this in 1.11 and placed the two files into 1.40 into the missions folder like I would normally do. theres no need to convert map files from 1.11 to 1.4

just build on stock 1.11 then place the two dsc and mis files into the 1.40 missions folder and the map will run normally
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

aaaand it just crashed me lol

the reason why i urge to use 1.11 editor is for compatibility reasons I think your grav lift script might be incompatible with 1.11

Could you code and test on 1.1?

also an alternative the gravity on maps is typically -20

You could probably use those neon box things that you use to build triggers to build a zone that allows only -5 gravity.

I'm not really sure how, but this seems like it would be more ideal for a true grav lift
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Gravity is set by the terrain, and cannot be changed mid game.
Mass can be changed mid game, but it effects all players wearing the same armor/item.

However, it is conceivable to conjure up weight/float belts as items, whose sole purpose is to alter it's wearer's mass, and mount/unmount them willy nilly in all of the extra item slots that players don't use (Tank uses them all, so this idea would make tank weapons buggy).

However, as Crow has stated on a few occasions, he has reached the item limit, so this is a pipe dream.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

so i can't just do this?

instant Trigger "GroupTrigger1" {
		dataBlock = "GroupTrigger";
		name = "GravLift";
		position = "270.504 456.195 151.24";
		rotation = "0 0 0";
		boundingBox = "-10 -10 -25 10 10 25";
		isSphere = "False";
		contGravity = "0 0 -1";

makes sense why that wasn't working...
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No, but it would be fucking awesome if that worked.

Ideas like this make me wish I had a Delorean.

Here's a list of other ideas, I wish I could tell Dynamix in 1996:
  • Client-side files automatically uploaded from server hosts to master servers.
  • Client-side files automatically downloaded from master servers to clients (with options to keep/overwrite custom files with the same file names).
  • Combine triggers and mission area boundaries into a new object simply called a "Zone" (with a functional onLeave event, z-axis, object specific variable transparency skins, and object specific ).
  • Spherical triggers should appear as icosahedrons (whole different shapefile, instead of just a checkbox, but you should still be able to stretch it along each axis, to make it oval shaped and even move the center to make it egg shaped).
  • Add a density variable to terrain and animated heightmaps to make waves or tides with scripts, so terrain becomes ocean (scripted enter/leave events so ocean can damage players via drowning, acid or lava burns, suffocation in quicksand, etc...).
  • Make terrain with .dis files and give them mass (interiorshapes, could be a small island floating on the ocean, a continent spanning thousands of yards, caves, or even asteroids with their own gravitational pull towards it's insertion point, etc...).
  • Make whole bases with .dtf files (staticshape, moveable, vehicle, item, etc... all combined into massive dropships that can be piloted).
  • Fix 3d player rotations, so instead of shooting at odd angles, the player model leans over (could be used for multiple gravity sources, or centrifugal gravity, such as leaning into turns while you ski).
  • Prevent happy mod by not transmitting locations or even existence of objects players shouldn't be able to see from the server.
  • Player registration via master server (reserve your alias with an encrypted password/product key stored in your profile, preventing anyone from impersonating you on any server that uses that master server).
  • Ban registered user accounts as well as IP addresses.
  • Make master servers track stats for players and servers.
  • VoIP plugin.
  • Gui script editor (with auto-complete for function, object, and variable names, and toggles to show/hide contents of braces {}).
  • Option to auto-detect best video settings.
Did I forget anything?
Last edited by perrinoia on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

also I wanna learn how to build my own triggers. is it easy? explain it to me in newbie talk. Don't get all technical on me.

also what are the list of things i can use on triggers?

do I simply spawn a trigger with the editor onto the mission area and size it accordingly and then enter the mis file to add what I want the trigger to do? In other words kind of like what I tried to do with the gravity