[Map]Bella Omega

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: [Map]Bella Omega

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:Gravity is set by the terrain, and cannot be changed mid game.
Mass can be changed mid game, but it effects all players wearing the same armor/item.

However, it is conceivable to conjure up weight/float belts as items, whose sole purpose is to alter it's wearer's mass, and mount/unmount them willy nilly in all of the extra item slots that players don't use (Tank uses them all, so this idea would make tank weapons buggy).

However, as Crow has stated on a few occasions, he has reached the item limit, so this is a pipe dream.
If it's something super cool, and under 10-5 data blocks, i could make space to fit it in. I'm going to be getting rid of elite ren stuff soon, which will free up a good 10-20 data blocks.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

In the editor, press f3, select the group you want to add your trigger to, from the object tree in the upper right corner.
Select "trigger" from the "Mission" category

Press f2 to modify the bounding box, and rename the trigger.
Object Name: What you see in the object tree.
Name: The name of the function events will be called on...

For example: In my screenshot, I've named my trigger "GravLift", therefor the following functions could be defined:

Code: Select all

function GravLift::onTrigEnter(%this, %that, %trig){
    echo(%that @" entered "@ %trig @" which triggered "@ %this);
}

function GravLift::onTrigger(%this, %that, %trig){
    echo(%that @" is touching "@ %trig @" which triggered "@ %this);
}

function GravLift::onTrigLeave(%this, %that, %trig){
    echo(%that @" left "@ %trig @" which triggered "@ %this);
}
However, function GroupTrigger::onLeave(%this, %object) doesn't work, therefor function GravLift::onTrigLeave(%this, %that, %trig) will never get called, either.

I increment a variable every time an object triggers a trigger while scheduling the command to decrement the variable and evaluate GroupTrigger::onLeave() if the variable is less than 1. This schedule must be greater than 1/3 of a second, as that is approximately how often triggers trigger... This works most of the time, but there is a noticeable delay for the onLeave, event, and sometimes lag causes premature evaluation.

However, the BR server doesn't run that code, but if you want to use it, I'll post it. It's fairly simple.

PS: I just realized the background color on the website almost matches the sky color in Bella Omega
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Also, keep in mind that if multiple triggers are in the same group, they will trigger each other, so if you don't want the script to multiply by the number of triggers in the group, include if(%this == %trig) in the function like I did, otherwise you might end up doubling the recharge abilities in this map, boosting players to the moon, in another, and teleporting them all over Tahiti and back in yet another.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

You definitely lost me at the coding part.

I notice that the annihilation editor has pre built things. Could you maybe make a pre built Trigger selection to update the Annihilation editor?
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Is this ready to be added or are we waiting for more updates?

edit: I'll play with this map sometime this weekend and see if we can get the triggers right.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

it would be nice to get the grav lift code working asside from that the map is 99.9% done.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Holy fuck, S_hift... Just copy&paste the code from the bottom of Dam_it.mis into your mission, open the mission editor, add triggers where you want grav lifts, and rename the triggers GravLift.

It's not hard. I've already posted the completed code and a screenshot tutorial... I'll even do it for you if you point out where you want the triggers...

This is seriously one of the easiest concepts I've ever taught... You have convinced yourself that it is complex, but it is not.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Going to try to get this one pushed through tonight. The bad thing about triggers is that if they are too large they won't recognize that the player entered them 90% of the time. The other bad part is that they are invisible unlike the grav lifts in tribes ascend so without some type of message to the client randomly having unlimited energy or directional boosts is a little strange.

Also I'm not sure where you want these grav lifts to be. Did you want them from the bottom generator floor up to the flag area or were you talking about having them from the flag level up to the middle area?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

not a bad idea. send a client msg saying "you have entered the grav lift", "you have left the grav lift".
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

"onEnter" is easy, but as I mentioned the "onLeave" event is broken, and my fix is not always accurate.