Anni server selected player skins

D4M45T3R

Anni server selected player skins

Post by D4M45T3R »

im improving my visibility "pro" texture/skin pack, and as far as base ctf goes i edited BE (red) /DS (blue) skins to be more visible. the problem is i don't know how anni servers select player skins, because i've seen starwolf vs. base and also CoP skins. ideally i'd color them all only in 2 colors, so i don't want opposite team end up with same skin as your team.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Anni server selected player skins

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

lol, in anni, there are 100s of skins used. i personally use OZ player skin, and most players just use a random player skin. i would say probably 50-60% use a custom skin, while the others use one of the stock, be / ds / cp / sw / etc, skins.

http://www.thelandofoz.net/downloads/TR ... .40/Skins/
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

wow so many skins! so you can actually select which skin you want to use regardless of the team you are on? how am i supposed to make visibility skin :( is it possible to force skin w/ script from a client, because other games have that?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

that's done serverside in tribes. what you can do though is force no skins. i actually played with no skins in anni for 2 years. where everyone used the base skin.

prob best just to make everything else high visibility. honestly custom skins stick out lol, and often get people focused down. some of them are already pretty visible lol.

plus if you don't include custom skins in your pack, then everyone with a custom skin will be seen as base skins.
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

the problem is if enemies and teammates use same skin (base) then there is no point in having one. shouldnt there be an option for a player to choose if he wants to see normal skins like be vs. ds? i mean forcing players to see only custom or all same skins is just not right.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

this is the freedom of annihilation. we don't register enemies as be or ds skins, but as red or green indicators.

lots of players love to use their custom skins, so it is. i personally take great pride in wearing my oz skin while playing.

in terms of a visibility build though, you will still get the same result if you simply edit all the default skins to be more visible, and don't include custom skins.

and to froce a client to see either be or ds skin no matter what would have to be modded through the source code.

http://www.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1446
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

ohhh and this one too for lolz

http://www.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic.php?p=17011#p17011 << good ole clan rivalry

http://www.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic.php?p=23094#p23094 << sexy tv oz skin
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

no tag.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I always had custom skins disabled on my servers, because the only people who can see your custom skins are those that already have them... In most cases, that means the only people who can see your clan skin are your own clan mates.

However, this day and age, most people are using configs that include the same set of thousands of skins.

But I always did prefer the 9 default skins.

What I'd really prefer, though, is a plugin that allowed custom skins for teammates, but made all enemies wear one bright red skin.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perr, learn how to make plugins, and fix my shoucast script.