Citadels

perrinoia
Site Admin

Citadels

Post by perrinoia »

The doors are fucked up in Citadels, too.

PS: I was on the other BR server when I saw that.
S_hift

Re: Citadels

Post by S_hift »

the doors on the mod are fucked up in general.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

no tag.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No shit.

What tag do you want?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

bug, and maybe posted in bug section. lol, there it wouldnt need a tag. :p
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Whelp, I don't have the ability to move a post from one forum to another, but I think I know a guy who might...
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

hmmmmm
:crow:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

going to listen to the doors and fix doors soon dunno how they would all break across multiple maps. maybe someone made some funky door code in one map and after it's played this happens. will look into it
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I think the problem is in one of the functions for the moveable doors...

I'm not sure if it occurs with every double door, or just the one style of double door, but I do exactly what is going wrong with the ones that are messed up.

Single doors have 2 path markers... One to indicate the open position, and one to indicate the closed position.
Double doors have 3 path markers... The first and last should indicate the open positions for each door, and the middle marker indicates the closed positions for both doors.

The problem is, the double doors are behaving like the single doors, and only paying attention to the first two path markers, but since the grip points for each door are where they should touch each other in closed position, they hang on opposite sides of the same markers, and use opposite markers as closed and open paths.

The simple fix would be to replace all moveable functions with code from a mod where the doors work, such as base.

I don't think there is much, if any modification of those functions in Annihilation mod, anyway, and if there is, it's in how they are powered, not how they move.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Just checked a few of the maps with the double doors and they seem to work fine in a slightly older version of br and have three markers as usual. I've never even touched Citadels so something funky is going on with the mod. I'll look more into it later after I download drop box and sync up.