[map/wip]Drydock

S_hift

Re: [map/wip]Drydock

Post by S_hift »

You can actually copy both team groups and place them onto any terrain you want. Just ctrl+left click to highly both groups then CTRL C to copy them. Go to another map with an ideal terrain and click on the teams mission group and press ctrl C and it will place it into that group. Then delete the old teams 0 and 1. The ones you just pasted will become team 0 and 1 automatically without having to change anything. simply save and continue your work.

its actually really easy to do. I'm recommending this simply because there are already enough maps with broadside/raindance/dangerous crossing terrain.

I highly encourage a different terrain.

I may just be forced to do a night version.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Forgot to mention if you have map markers its generally better to not have them inside a mission group or some funny things will happen in game and they won't show up on the command map. For objectives I believe only the team that has the objective will see the map marker.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That is true.

If you put map markers in team groups or objectives, only the team that owns them will see the label in the command map.

As far as copying bases from one terrain to another, I prefer to do that with a text editor, because Tribes editor tends to shit a brick when I change missions while editing.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

well yeah, thats not what I meant tho. You can copy a mission group and then open up another map NOT using the tab menu. and drop it right on there.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't follow...

Open another map without using the tab menu? You mean with the console?

Or do you mean, by clicking the "new" button in the mission editor, which creates a whole new, client-side terrain.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

No, by pressing f5 going back to base and exiting the loopback server. Then select a map from the menu then press console, up, and enter. to bring back the editor gui and then paste the shit into the teams mission group
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OH... I didn't realize the clipboard retained objects when you disconnect. Learned something new, today!
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

If anyone feels like checking it out or fixing stuff.
Attachments
Drydock.zip
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Will take a look!
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Well fuck. I essentially remade Price_War by the looks of it. Same terrain. Same bases.