[Bug]Tribes HDv2

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: [Bug]Tribes HDv2

Post by perrinoia »

That ain't hdv2's fault.

Check your video settings... there is a slider for visible distance... more fog = more fps... good for older computers.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yea prob a video card setting beav.
Groove

Post by Groove »

dang you guys are totally right

extract everything in human1dml.zip to human1DML folder instead (and keep a dummy human1DML.zip with a text file in it to avoid errors joining servers)

and boom goes the dynamite

which kinda explains why i didn't really notice the problem when making the pack, since thats how i worked

thats a better solution than having the double load on startup imo
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Ghost wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:Has to do something with the load order id imagine.
I said this a few posts up and I'm shot out.
you weren't shot out.. :zig:
Groove wrote:dang you guys are totally right

extract everything in human1dml.zip to human1DML folder instead (and keep a dummy human1DML.zip with a text file in it to avoid errors joining servers)

and boom goes the dynamite

which kinda explains why i didn't really notice the problem when making the pack, since thats how i worked

thats a better solution than having the double load on startup imo
i did it the other day though, and noticed some textures didn't load proper even when putting it all in base folder. so i dont think it's perfect.
Groove

Post by Groove »

idk i loaded up broadside and it seemed all good to me :shrug:

also i dunno if anyone cares but i found a bug in the rasadhlp.dll autopluginloader (both mine and the one that doesn't echo)

the original pluginloader when you did +P Pluginname it added a $LoaderPlugin::Pluginname = True; global var so for scripting it was easy to determine if a plugin was loaded or not

i tried to use that to make a little 'loaded plugins' menu and failed until i figured out those vars weren't being created anymore :(
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I care... Do I need a patch?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Groove wrote:idk i loaded up broadside and it seemed all good to me :shrug:

also i dunno if anyone cares but i found a bug in the rasadhlp.dll autopluginloader (both mine and the one that doesn't echo)

the original pluginloader when you did +P Pluginname it added a $LoaderPlugin::Pluginname = True; global var so for scripting it was easy to determine if a plugin was loaded or not

i tried to use that to make a little 'loaded plugins' menu and failed until i figured out those vars weren't being created anymore :(
this happened to me on iceridge. the inside of the bases didn't load right, and the ds logos. everything else loaded fine. i will play around with it more though.

ps: share plugin if you happen to fix, and maybe add a new echo so we can tell the plugin loader apart from old one in game.
Groove

Post by Groove »

just tried IR no problems with everything extracted to /human1DML

but there's obviously some kind of load order issue that might explain why we're not all seeing the same thing

and yea i updated autopluginloader last night (if its not obvious at this point, i have the source from nofix) so those vars are back - i changed the echo to purple instead of green but maybe i should add a version number or something
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

kool its fixxed
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Lol Ghost. Just use the Windows 8/10 fix. Either the reg fix or if that doesn't work, the .exe.

Hrfixfix if needed:
https://drive.google.com/a/isu.edu/file ... p=drivesdk

Windows 8 fix:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... lBkY0JuTVE