[Bug]Tribes HDv2

Groove

Re: [Bug]Tribes HDv2

Post by Groove »

ok so i poked around a bit more

crows wierd fix for hrfixfix needing to host a server first is to do createServer("Broadside", false); which works but we really didn't know why, did we...

anyways, doing this seems to load everything in \base\scripts\server which loads all kinds of crap including reloading the mission list etc which is why we see the mission loop

BUT

there's gotta be something in particular that \base\scripts\server triggers that causes the 'fix' so if we can narrow it down, we should be able to find the one particular fix without causing all kinds of extra loads on startup
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

is it necessary to flush the texture cache twice as well?
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Groove

Post by Groove »

u mean at the end of his console log? i dont get that on mine at all although ive seen it before
Groove

Post by Groove »

meh ive been poking around and maybe i'm wrong, been trying to load all kinds of stuff from /base/scripts but nothing seems to work w/o crows createserver

idk maybe we'll have to live with it, but i finally got a message back from emjay today so maybe i'll be able to get him to look at it again :)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I'm hopeful.

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Groove wrote:meh ive been poking around and maybe i'm wrong, been trying to load all kinds of stuff from /base/scripts but nothing seems to work w/o crows createserver

idk maybe we'll have to live with it, but i finally got a message back from emjay today so maybe i'll be able to get him to look at it again :)
Well I messed up on an update, and put some human1DML skins in the base folder instead of its own folder. I then joined a server and backed out because it was the wrong server (this messes up the fix). When I joined the right server I noticed the skins I put in base folder got loaded without the fix, but the ones in the zip didn't. so i extracted all the png from human1DML and put them in base folder, and most loaded without the fix, but some didn't. Has to do something with the load order id imagine.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

The fog in HDv2 is so thick I cant see crap, and its every map it seems.
Groove

Post by Groove »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:
Groove wrote:meh ive been poking around and maybe i'm wrong, been trying to load all kinds of stuff from /base/scripts but nothing seems to work w/o crows createserver

Well I messed up on an update, and put some human1DML skins in the base folder instead of its own folder. I then joined a server and backed out because it was the wrong server (this messes up the fix). When I joined the right server I noticed the skins I put in base folder got loaded without the fix, but the ones in the zip didn't. so i extracted all the png from human1DML and put them in base folder, and most loaded without the fix, but some didn't. Has to do something with the load order id imagine.
hrm that's wierd as shit i dont understand tribes at all sometimes

also ya crow why'd you make the fog thicker (wait wat)
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

put it like this, on blastside I can't see the other base from my base.
Groove

Post by Groove »

thats ... strange ... ?
Attachments
sshot0029.jpg