[Config] Halp!

perrinoia
Site Admin

[Config] Halp!

Post by perrinoia »

So, I just download Groove's version of Milkman's config, which looks awesome, but is missing a few things that I need.

12favs - I copied 12favs.cs from HDv2, but the new config still only has 5 favs.
v1.41 - I installed v1.41, but it broke ScriptGL. I tried moving ScriptGL.dll to the plugins folder, and then I tried having a copy in both places, but most of the huds were gone.

Also, there's a ton of ": Unknown Command" error messages in the console when I connect to a server... Any idea where that came from?

http://www.iateyourbaby.com/download/milktribes.zip
S_hift

Re: [Config] Halp!

Post by S_hift »

can you show the error messages in a print screen? Also. For the 12 favorites, its possible that you forgot to install the GUI folder in config that contains the CmdInventory.gui.cs
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Good call...

I got 12favs working by copying the gui folder and importing my favorites from my previous config, but I still don't have the 7 extra buttons in the inventory menu... Not sure where the button images are hiding, but they aren't in the gui folder.

PS: Apparently there's no keybind for screenshots... Luckily, I knew the command off the top of my head, and was intending to screenshot the console, anyway.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

did u try the readme for 1.41?
Backup your current Tribes.exe and replace with this one

If you use ScriptGL in your config, move ScriptGL.dll to the \plugins folder

-G
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Did you read my original post?
perrinoia wrote:v1.41 - I installed v1.41, but it broke ScriptGL. I tried moving ScriptGL.dll to the plugins folder, and then I tried having a copy in both places, but most of the huds were gone.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

odd, it worked for me. do you also have "$scriptgl::enabled = true; //scriptgl config" enabled?

i was wondering what's going on with that unknown command error. im getting the same thing in a config im working with, but not sure why. was something installed wrong, or missing a function somewhere? hmmm.

http://iateyourbaby.com/twdemos/Groove/140stuff/SGL/
^^ try the latest scriptgl.dll plugin. worked for me with 1.41.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yes, that variable is in autoexec.cs.

I'll give that download a try.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well shit...

I put the new ScriptGL.dll in the plugins folder.
Renamed the one in the Tribes folder ScriptGL.bak.
Replaced Tribes.exe v1.40 with v1.41.
Then I ran Tribes, and didn't see the greeting message from ScriptGL in the upper left corner.
But the console contained a bunch of ScriptGL info, so I though maybe it is working, just doesn't have a greeting message anymore.
So I pressed quicklaunch and Tribes froze.

I tried multiple times, and every time I clicked quick launch, Tribes locked up.

So I put everything back the way it was when it worked, and tried again... This bitch is still locking up.

I can't play anymore, with this install.
Groove

Post by Groove »

yeah i haven't updated those configs in quite a while and there's a bunch of stupid bugs from when i didn't know scripting and scriptGL as well as i do now

those console errors are because stock huds have a sleep/wake function and scriptGL doesn't sleep/wake so because it doesn't define a function for it to call when it sleeps it throws an error

it's easily solved by changing the HUD::New lines to point to a dummy or dead function that can be called when it sleeps/wakes, like this:

HUD::New("ScriptGL::vCtfHud", 496, 15, 400, 25);
to

HUD::New("ScriptGL::vCtfHud", 496, 15, 400, 25, onMouseRMB, onMouseRMB);

i'm pretty sure onMouseRMB is dead (does nothing) so that should be enough to avoid the console errors those old scriptGL scripts throw

alternatively, define a dead function like:

function Dummy::WakeSleep() { }

and do

HUD::New("ScriptGL::vCtfHud", 496, 15, 400, 25, Dummy::WakeSleep, Dummy::WakeSleep);

theres more i could go on about, my early scriptGL huds don't properly reset their openGL settings each time, so depending on the order that the scriptGL scripts load in, they'll break because they're inheriting inproper GL settings from the script that loaded before it, that's why a lot of them are named with a v or z at the start of the script to move its loading order

and i'm not sure why, but i see tribes loading stuff in different orders for different people and different operating systems or different filesystems

if scripted properly, each scriptGL script should reset the openGL settings and then apply proper ones... but i didn't really know that back then ... well i did but i thought i could omit the resets etc because i would see the same load order all the time for myself and think that it would be the same for everyone but its not

long story short is i probalby need to repack/rescript a lot of stuff in those configs
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Alright cool, and yea I was thinking a dummy function would be able to get rid of them. I'll throw this in somewhere to clean up the console a little.