[config]input requested

Groove

Re: [config]input requested

Post by Groove »

milk and i were talking about having a mirror option (that might trigger automatically) where it would flip if it was on the other side of the screen but there's never gonna be a way to please everyone with a layout

the minimap overlay is a png you can change all you want although that can be said for all my configs and i never see anyone actually do it

and yeah that itemhud is just out of place on top of the radar 'cause i switched to windowed mode to record the .gif with gifcam, milk made an updated overlay with a few slots under the ctfhud for it :P

thanks for the input though, i appreciate it - keep it comin' ;)
perrinoia wrote:So, you put the radar on the left because you wanted to attach the flag hud to it?
Personally, I don't like it when two different huds are 'attached' to one another. It really limits your ability to move them around, which in this case, everyone will want to do since they are used to having the radar or compass on the right.

Also, I'm not a big fan of this:

The shading is on the side where I need more detail, so I can find those invisible fucks hiding in the hills. Also, why is the shading curved? Is it possible to shape it more like a pie chart, where the shaded area is behind you, and the missing wedge of pie dynamically matches your field of view?

Also, having your grenade/beacon hud on top of the radar in that gif is a big no-no. Don't do that. There's plenty of room around the radar for more huds, no need to pile them up on top of one another.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Ok, I'll make a set of overlays for various fov settings, using excel pie charts. But how would I make the script auto select one based on fov?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

But how would I make the script auto select one based on fov?
Is it possible to make a checker script. One that monitors which fov your using and if you change it, it sees this and changes also?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't think anybody changes their FOV in game, generally, you'd change it in the config, and then relaunch tribes, so the script would only need to check the value of $pref::PlayerFov each time Tribes is loaded.

Then again, if that's true, then I don't really need to automatically select an image, either... I'll just make one that matches my current fov because I only change it when I install Tribes.