Post by DaJ4ck3L »

why we dont have more maps like this?
Attachments
pinkisreal.jpg
Owner
Site Admin

Re: [?] Maps

Post by Owner »

What we need is a similar map from SKB server but the one in the SKB server had same exact colors but with a pathway bridge connecting both base ends. It was a decent map. But you know Steve he doesn't share. xD Good Luck!!

Thanks!

Owner
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, they used a point light and increased its range to maximum lag producing potential.

I tried this when I put my labyrinth map in the challs2 interior shape (The massive arena from the map Enlightenment).

The room is completely dark, so you can't see anything normally. In Enlightenment, plasmatic has two point lights... One for each base, and the rest of the map is pitch black. It's difficult as hell to see players hiding in the dark, as well as the shape of the room itself.

In that version of the labyrinth, I used one point light and increased the range until you could see the whole room, and I received two complaints from other players. Software players couldn't see the light at all, and openGL players experienced video lag.

Likewise, in that pink map, software players won't know that everything is pink, and openGL players with shitty computers might experience video lag.
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Complex map making.

Thanks!

Owner
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yup... Compatibility can be a bitch.