Item Hud Options Menu

perrinoia
Site Admin

Item Hud Options Menu

Post by perrinoia »

I'm still working on my Item Hud with rotating items.. It's coming along slowly, as I know very little about gui scripting.

Anyway, here's the general gist of how it's gonna work.

When you connect to a server (first time playing a mod), it will loop through all of the items available in the mod and generate an item hud that includes at least one element for each item. By default, it will show the rotating image for all items that you currently have at least 1 of, and will also show a number next to any items you have more than 1 of.

However, I need a menu like the k menu, that has a checked list box so you can show/hide specific items from the hud.

The checked items will retain the default behavior while the unchecked items will stay hidden, even if you have the item in your inventory. Also, while the item hud options menu is visible, you should be able to drag/drop the individual rotating item huds around the screen, and when you close the item hud options menu, your preferences for that mod should be stored in a config file.

I know how to do pretty much all of that except the gui portions... So, if someone could walk me through how to make a gui hud list box, that would be great... Thanks!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Item Hud Options Menu

Post by perrinoia »

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

looks good..

weapons are still doable btw. well a weapon hud. you would just have to use laser instead of targetlaser on things like pbeam. though mounts would of been way more epic.

http://www.thelandofoz.net/weaponhud/

finished this thing.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

though this thing spinning around would of looked sexy... :lol:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Hmm....don't know why, but that brought up an ideal for a mod....the old west. Fastest draw in Arena ;)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's called dueling, and it's already in the mod... LOL

Yes, multi image support would be epic.

The way this works is, I tell the hud which item to display by giving it a number.

For instance, Particle Beam is item number 57 (at least the targeting laser portion of the weapon is #57)... I cannot choose the other parts of the weapon because they don't have descriptions, so I don't know what their item number is... Some multi image weapons have descriptions for each part, some don't. I don't know why, and I can't think of any reasons why it would matter, either.
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Nice work Perr!

Thanks!

Owner
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

That's called dueling, and it's already in the mod... LOL
No, no, no....make 6 shooters. Take the sniper rifle and make it into a 6 shooter. Change the armor to look western style. Change the sniper rifle to look like an old western rifle. Make the air ship pad give out horses instead of air ships. You get the ideal now? For that matter, you can recode to make everything a western for a RPG mod ;)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OK, so what you want is not a coder, but rather a shape modeler. I know of only 2 people who know how to do this for Tribes 1. Krogoth and Dewyfiend. Good luck pitching this idea to them.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OOps, I attempted to upload a new video of my progress, but unintentionally uploaded the same video I already posted. Looks like fraps didn't save the new video.
Last edited by perrinoia on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.