[Map] CaveX

perrinoia
Site Admin

[Map] CaveX

Post by perrinoia »

CaveX.zip
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
This map has 2 terrains, cave style... So I think it might fit in the indoor CTF category... I forget how you weirdos categorized your maps. It also has code that crushes you to death if you find your way to the wrong side of either terrain...

sshot0007.jpg
sshot0008.jpg
sshot0009.jpg
sshot0010.jpg
sshot0011.jpg
sshot0012.jpg
sshot0013.jpg
sshot0014.jpg
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: [Map] CaveX

Post by perrinoia »

sshot0014.jpg
virus

Post by virus »

I like it!
[NHOP]Virus
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

perrinoia wrote:
sshot0014.jpg
But...my ghost pack....:(.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Should have an option of another route, like an air ship that can carry others over the top, but love the map.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't think ghost pack will get you through the terrain anyway, but I don't know because I didn't try it.

Function whack_a_mole won't kill you instantly, though. You've got a few seconds to tunnel about.

Also, you can deploy a teleport. All of the random spawn points face the middle of the map, so if you place a teleport in the back of the cave, they'll have to turn around to see it, and even then you can probably hide it behind a rock.

I placed the rocks randomly, with a script, and mirrored them for the other team. They are on both the ceiling and the floor of the cave, so if you do manage to glitch and get a teleport up there, you can deploy it on a rock or something above the enemy base, and drop in before the terrain crushes you.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

You know, you could expand this and make this a great C&H map also with other areas.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, if I add 50 meters between the terrains, I get a lot of cool passageways... But I only wanted one for this map.

I'll make another map with the extra passageways, but not today or tomorrow. I'm working 16-17 hours per day, this weekend. I might start working on it after work on Monday.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

For those of you who are "collecting" my map pictures, here's the addition:
CaveX.jpg
Get the rest here
perrinoia wrote:I'll make another map with the extra passageways, I might start working on it after work on Monday.
Maybe call it "CaveXtra" ? Image
"CaveXtreme"?Image
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well, the X was because the cave is kinda shaped like an X, but if there are multiple passageways, it won't be shaped like an X anymore.

Maybe Caverns or something like that.