Solid Color Skins

DaRk

Solid Color Skins

Post by DaRk »

Here are some solid color armor skins that help with visibility in 1.4.

Extract each individual .png file in the zips to your Tribes/base/Entities.zip. Overwrite existing files.

Attachments
Solids.zip
(135.68 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
DaRk

Re: Solid Color Skins

Post by DaRk »

Also Perrin/Death....

Tribes racer script running during normal map. vgd
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I have 4 problems with this:

1) A lot of people consider solid skins to be cheating...
2) Solid color skins only require 1 pixel, so each of your files are approximately 4000 times the file size they need to be.
3) You don't have to overwrite the files to install these... Just extract all of the files to the base folder and you're done.
4) Unless the server enables team skins and disables custom skins, your better off making all of the skins the same color, so you pay more attention to the team indicator icon than the solid color skin, before you shoot at teammates.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about with this:
DaRk wrote:Tribes racer script running during normal map.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

4) Thanks. Didn't know they needed to be just 1 pixel. That didn't work back when I tried to do it on 1.11 with 1 pixel; kept crashing.
36)Practically everyone playing base/LT is currently using skins similar to this. Thought I would share.
668) Also, I don't get confused by the different colors.
2273) It does not seem to work without replacing entities. They show as two different skins with the same name. Server defaults to the entities. I'm no coder. There is probably a reason for this.
737746) Look at the second screen shot. We were not doing a ski map, yet it kept spamming that.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I was unaware that 1.11 crashed with single pixel skins, but it doesn't matter since this is for 1.4x.

Practically everyone playing base/lt also uses happymod, right? So of course they wouldn't think a simple skin is a cheat.

I do get confused by custom skins. I hate them. All of my team player skins are duplicates of my base player skins, so everyone looks the same to me.

I may be wrong about overwriting files being unnecessary... It's been awhile since I did it.

Did you pay a race map prior to that map? If so, which one? I've never played one of those maps, nor seen the code, so I don't know where to start, to address that bug.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I'm still using 1.30 with only Newopts and Presto.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Archaic... I expect nothing less from someone who refuses to upgrade to Windows 10... LOL
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

We played XtremeSki. I think the problem was with my client and not the server. Had a problem later with one of Ghost's maps. It center printed the message of when you find his hidden spots, but never cleared. No one else had the problem. Quick ID-10-T reset of Tribes fixed it.

Pretty sure most of them don't HM, considering it doesn't really have much benefits in an LT style match. If they do, would be hard to tell. I've been playing base since Tribes started and have played with some of these guys for years. You seem to have hard feelings towards them. iDK
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I wouldn't say I have hard feelings towards them. I just have different preferences.

I like Annihilation mod with inventory stations, while they prefer base mod without inventory stations.
Many LT players have come to Annihilation servers running HM.

I don't care if they cheat where I don't play...
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

If you don't play, how do you know they come from a LT server?

As for Anni, which I don't play anymore, due to my own preferences of Tribes being a "Team" warfare game, not "Turret" warfare. I have seen my own share of cheating while obs'n Anni players.