I've done it again!

Post by perrinoia »

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: I've done it again!

Post by perrinoia »

:bump:

I just redesigned my Labyrinth, once again... :blush:

The gif and download link in the previous post have been updated to reflect the changes. I may add more gifs, later. :popcorn

I used Spartacus'Gauntlet terrain as the floor and ceiling of the arena, and I used newdam bases as the outer walls of the arena. :hbeat:

The newdams on the eastern and western sides of the arena are the team's bases, while the northern and southern walls are unaffiliated with either team. Also, the northern and southern newdams have holes in the middle, which teleport you across the map if entered. This won't get you any closer to your destination, but it could help flag carriers lose their tail. :tease:

Each base has a flag out front and an entrance to a pair of hallways on either side of the flag. The hallway on the left leads to the primary generator, but each side of the base has it's own backup generator. So if you disable one of the backup generators, nothing changes... But if you also disable the primary generator, half of the base will be disabled. Disable all 3 generators to completely rape the base. There are no turrets or sensors, by default, but if hosted on an Annihilation server, you can always deploy some. :tweed:

The maze walls are hidden when the mission loads, so they don't appear on the command map, however they become visible and randomly rotate after a random delay that is no longer than the server's warm up time. :passout:

Once per second, after the match has started, one random wall randomly rotates 90 degrees, clockwise or counter clockwise. However, the randomly selected wall will not rotate if there are any obstructions, such as players or deployables. This means you can maintain a route through the maze by dropping bread crumbs, such as mines, or turrets along the way. :coolio:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Ummm... Which ones?
Doctor_Arsenic

Post by Doctor_Arsenic »

Nice this is one of the coolest maps
I am running 2 promotional campaigns for http://thelandofoz.net/tribes/

You can see how they are doing here:
#1. https://goo.gl/#analytics/goo.gl/uVM7ON/all_time
#2. https://goo.gl/#analytics/goo.gl/c8QSjT/all_time
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Would you be able to do this with normal objects. I wanted to make a map called mirage where some pillars would move around slightly if you looked at them from the distance.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yes. I can do it with anything but the terrain. Actually... I never tried moving the terrain... Hmm
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

you'd probably just clip through it instantly.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads