Anti-happy mod server side development?

blankgirl

Re: Anti-happy mod server side development?

Post by blankgirl »

I could be wrong, but isn't there an entirely new class of toggle-able HM-style of Tribes hacks?

<!>blankgirl^
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Unfortunately, yes... I believe you are correct, and I wish you were making that up.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:Top Google search auto complete for "Tribes" is "1.41 bypass".
show me a bypass? i bet there are people looking for one on google. what else would people need to google tribes for? :lol:
perrinoia wrote:Unfortunately, yes... I believe you are correct, and I wish you were making that up.
yea only for users on 1.40, but no, there isn't on 1.41.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yes, but the laws of supply and demand dictates that there will be a supply, due to the obvious demand.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

:chillin: still not seeing it
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Then it must not exist yet, because you consume so much glaucoma medication, your eyes must be perfect! Like happy mod, in real life!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

well, if it does exist, i would like to know about it is what im saying.

although if you cant provide a working example, im inclined to think that it doesn't exist.

you catching my drift? :lol:

clifs: so in the future instead of creating a cloudy bush, you can paint a clear picture to let people know how to become cheat free. ;)
LM|RCMP*

Post by LM|RCMP* »

just because you can't find it on google, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I know for a fact there are many cheats for Halo PC that aren't available through a google search. Think of it like a gaming underground. There are players in game who already use the cheat. Someone asks if they could give them a copy of the cheat, and they send it to them thru email or some other means. Its never uploaded to the mainstream internet, for the sole purpose of protecting it from being reverse engineered. The less people that know it exists, the less likely a patch will be made to prevent it. Isn't that how the original deep web worked? (and i don't mean tor, or silk road or any of that garbage)
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

LM|| RCMP* wrote:just because you can't find it on google, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I know for a fact there are many cheats for Halo PC that aren't available through a google search. Think of it like a gaming underground. There are players in game who already use the cheat. Someone asks if they could give them a copy of the cheat, and they send it to them thru email or some other means. Its never uploaded to the mainstream internet, for the sole purpose of protecting it from being reverse engineered. The less people that know it exists, the less likely a patch will be made to prevent it. Isn't that how the original deep web worked? (and i don't mean tor, or silk road or any of that garbage)
I'm not saying it's impossible to make, but I am suggesting that it hasn't been made for 1.41.

The point that I'm trying to get across here is misinformation. Perrinoia is suppose to be a leader in this community, and as such, should be properly informed on what is what. We don't want people going around saying 1.41 isn't a proper anti-cheat when it is. There is no bypass for 1.41, so we don't want to give people doubts by hinting that there is. This only leads to people being wrongfully educated, and wide spread ignorance from one person to another.

Tribes is no big mystery, there is 3 active servers that aren't TRPG, and I play in all 3 of them. If there was a public bypass for 1.41, I would be one of the first people to know in this community. Even a private one I'd probably know about.

And honestly from reading your post, you are part of the problem I describe. Misinformation is just as bad as the real deal, if not worse. Even giving players hope that there might be a cheat gives them a reason to complain and quit.

:crow:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's what someone with a 1.41 bypass would say... :trolol: