[skin] Skybox 1.41 with autoloader

S_hift

Re: [skin] Skybox 1.41 with autoloader

Post by S_hift »

landofoz.net/downloads silly lol there is a 1.4 with stock leak in there.

however i have my doubts now that the hself even exists like it did in hudbot...
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

update 12-14-16

so i noticed the lush sky wasn't entirely seamless, probably a mistake on my end while adding the gradients. So I started over and started messing with skies from T2.

Results are pretty good, I'll be posting a complete set sometime this week. If anyone would like this particular skybox inbox me and I'll give you a copy of it.

Here's a preview.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Groove

Post by Groove »

DaRk wrote:
radaring.png
IMG_20161207_190446.jpg
This might be a better image of what I'm asking for. I want to have the white outline with the perspective view. Any config I have seen with it takes advantage of ScriptGL to place the image over the MiniMap. I want to avoid using ScriptGL. The default MiniMap in 1.4 uses the same image for the center green arrow as it does for friendlies on the map. The idea is to find out where the script is that links images to self/friendly/foe on the MiniMap. Like how there is a script that links weapon/item sounds to sound files. If I could mark the self image (center green arrow) to use a different image, such as the white overlay in the image above, I would solve my problem and avoid ScriptGL. I have failed to find said script, if it even exists. My other solution would be to create a simple hud that contains only the MiniMap overlay image with possible options to resize it. However, I'm not versed enough to code it myself, or I would. Also, my first solution sounds easier and more logical place to start.
haven't been around for while, sorry :)

Minimap_Overlay_NoSGL.zip (unzip to /config/modules)

u may have to adjust the .png image size (and the corresponding image size settings in the script) or your radar size, depending on your preference

and ya, iirc 1.40 and above use the same icon for the player and the friendlies, its hardcoded

could be hack changed with a .dll but prob not worth the time
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Groove wrote:
DaRk wrote:
The attachment radaring.png is no longer available
The attachment IMG_20161207_190446.jpg is no longer available
This might be a better image of what I'm asking for. I want to have the white outline with the perspective view. Any config I have seen with it takes advantage of ScriptGL to place the image over the MiniMap. I want to avoid using ScriptGL. The default MiniMap in 1.4 uses the same image for the center green arrow as it does for friendlies on the map. The idea is to find out where the script is that links images to self/friendly/foe on the MiniMap. Like how there is a script that links weapon/item sounds to sound files. If I could mark the self image (center green arrow) to use a different image, such as the white overlay in the image above, I would solve my problem and avoid ScriptGL. I have failed to find said script, if it even exists. My other solution would be to create a simple hud that contains only the MiniMap overlay image with possible options to resize it. However, I'm not versed enough to code it myself, or I would. Also, my first solution sounds easier and more logical place to start.
haven't been around for while, sorry :)

Minimap_Overlay_NoSGL.zip (unzip to /config/modules)

u may have to adjust the .png image size (and the corresponding image size settings in the script) or your radar size, depending on your preference

and ya, iirc 1.40 and above use the same icon for the player and the friendlies, its hardcoded

could be hack changed with a .dll but prob not worth the time
This works perfect. I figured it had to be hardcoded. Just thought it was weird that they would hardcode only that icon. Like you said, I only had to fix the size. I changed it to a 235 width to fix it to work with your groove setup. Thanks man. This is awesome. :coolio:

P.S. If I was gay I would kiss you. :ghey:
sshot0026.png
Attachments
Minimap_Overlay_NoSGL_GrvFix.zip
(33.34 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Groove

Post by Groove »

ohhhh heh with that config u could have just added the ring to the top right backdrop

that's what i used to do back when i used that config. even used that same radar ring! looks good!

these days i use a really basic setup

DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Groove wrote:ohhhh heh with that config u could have just added the ring to the top right backdrop

that's what i used to do back when i used that config. even used that same radar ring! looks good!

these days i use a really basic setup

I guess I could of. I never really thought of that. Should have. This way I think is better though. If I ever decide to move away from the backdrops, or in some modifications of the backdrops I have made would work better if it was a separate entity. I do love the looks of the font on that config. I've had it downloaded for awhile now. The font however, is too big for the current config I use. I've been using Tahoma, but need to modify it to fix a few shadow/outline issues (this I know how to fix). I run a gaming Club for my local high school and have been having them try out Tribes and a few mods locally. Unfortunately, afraid of them trying it publicly with our few delinquents.
Groove

Post by Groove »

DaRk wrote: I guess I could of. I never really thought of that. Should have. This way I think is better though. If I ever decide to move away from the backdrops, or in some modifications of the backdrops I have made would work better if it was a separate entity. I do love the looks of the font on that config. I've had it downloaded for awhile now. The font however, is too big for the current config I use. I've been using Tahoma, but need to modify it to fix a few shadow/outline issues (this I know how to fix). I run a gaming Club for my local high school and have been having them try out Tribes and a few mods locally. Unfortunately, afraid of them trying it publicly with our few delinquents.
yeah Tribes doesn't have any kind of like, font scaling so it kinda complicates things. a font that looks huge @ 1024x600 (my netbook res) is tiny on my desktop at 1920x1080.

that screenshot i just linked has a new bigger font i've never released - but its around 14 point whereas the usual ones are 8 to 10 - so i had to resize everything, every menu, text box, sliders, huds etc to make room for the bigger text or else everything overlapped

but im getting old and as my screens get higher res and my eyes get worse i need the bigger fonts :p
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Ditto.

Can my old ass get a copy?
Groove

Post by Groove »

perrinoia wrote:Ditto.

Can my old ass get a copy?
gimme a little time, i was gearing up for some kinda release at some point but there are still a few things i want to test

hopefully in the next week or 2 if the weather isn't too nice ;)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Unacceptable. You have 24 hours to comply, or I'm coming to get it! :bat: