OpenCall 3 Annihilation?

who has opencall 3 maps and thinks they should be added to the server?

ME
43%
NOT ME
57%

Total votes: 7

S']['U

Re: OpenCall 3 Annihilation?

Post by S']['U »

perrinoia wrote:I think the pole should ask if we already have the client side files.
The "pole" is useless. It asks 2 questions and asks for a single answer.

(It's "poll" BTW)

Perr is well-known for having a useless pole. :trolol:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Ouch.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

A lot of people already have this map pack. and most of the community is connected now. I think it would be a good idea to add these and make newer maps with the supplied terrains.
Sorry misread, and read it too fast, thought Shift relayed to change the maps, not use what they already had, and just change them around.

And thanks for listing the maps. I for one didn't know what maps were included in the map pack, but I do now. This could be interesting, to run LT maps on a server that's been running Annihilation maps for a long time. Would these be in the rotation or have to be voted on? If in the rotation, it could have a conflict of interest and you could possibly loose players, due to them wanting to join the server to play Annihilation, not LT, or another mod.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I just re-read the topic title and realized that I not only listed the wrong maps, but also don't have the right ones, if OC3 is not a typo.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I wish, but we always lose people when we try these things. Even if it's just one person who keeps connecting and dropping, it makes the player base feel bad.

Sand made some sick maps a while back using the OC3 base models. I would of loved to add them in, but the month that I tried we had at least 10-15 different players banging at the door trying to get in.

Also, you were wrong, and now right, perr. OC3 was made after 1.4 release, and don't come with avg builds of 1.4x.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah. My bad. I read it wrong, at first.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

I don't think anyone would just blatantly delete something from their tribes without knowing what it actually is.

if they do. they deserve any *unforseen* consequences that could arise from that. Oh like idk, crashing, getting booted from the server. But mostly just crashes lol
if you remove a map pack and leave some of the base components it would be likely that it would just cause you to crash.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads