New Map "Snowdin" and new mission type "CTF Small"

Azul

New Map "Snowdin" and new mission type "CTF Small"

Post by Azul »

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12X7Sm ... GZ8akTpEU2

Hey, I made a new map called Snowdin. Its a small area map but still a good map for 8v8. There aren't that many engaging snow maps on the server, this one is close quarters with good bases. Also every deployable is named after an active member on the server!

https://i.imgur.com/CLbw76d.jpg

Also, I made a few minor changes to OG maps to put in a new map mission type called "Caputre the Flag Small" so we can have a rotation of smaller maps when few people are on the server. Many of the maps on the server are way too big when we have 2v2 or 3v3 (or even 1v1). One of my biggest pet peeves is the map changing when we have 6 people on and the map is too big so most people drop. It shouldn't take more than 3 spawn boosts to get to the enemy base, some of these take 5 full boosts which is ridiculous.

I also have a list of maps that can fit in this category so you can copy and paste.

So in this folder right now:

Snowdin
Broadside_Small
Raindance_Small
DangerousCrossing_Small
Stonehenge_Small

Maps that can be added to this category by copy/paste

CTF Ground
A Sniper's Dream
Absolute Zero
Angel's Rain
As I lay dying
Canyon Crusade
Egypt
Midnight Mayhem
Fallout

CTF Indoor
TIJO3hreeCorridors
BloodBath_2
CaveX
Frontside
KWSN Dome

CTF Air
Dropzone_2
Bottoms Up
Doughnut of Death
Highdive
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: New Map "Snowdin" and new mission type "CTF Small"

Post by perrinoia »

Good work.

I made a map a long time ago that could be added to this list. Above the terrain, there was nothing but the two flags.
Below each flag, under the terrain, was an iblock, several inventory stations, a vehicle station, spawn points, and a barrier of lasers that implied instant death to those who venture anywhere but up through the terrain.

I can't remember what I named that mission at the moment, but it was fun. The best defensive tactic was to stay under ground and deploy turrets on the terrain from underneath.

The best offensive tactic was spawn rushing with a partner so the first one would take all of the turret fire and the second would snatch the flag before the turrets could reload.
Azul

Post by Azul »

Its Fallout, I had it on the list already

Good map, little buggy. Sometimes you get crushed to death just being above ground fighting someone else
(=SK=)Zorak

Post by (=SK=)Zorak »

Nice work, looks cool, look forward to checking it out!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Buggy, eh? I'll look into it.

Update: I think the problem is when you're standing on the terrain, and somehow your insertion point is ever so slightly below the terrain... the function looks down 10000 meters for terrain or interior shapes. If it sees neither, you die. The solution would be to use getBoxCenter instead of GabeBase::getPosition, so it checks from the center of your hit box rather than the insertion point.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Nice Azul. Do you need anything from me to make this happen??
Azul

Post by Azul »

I don't think so, just uploaded to the server?

I don't have access to the server maps otherwise I would copy and paste for you.

Not sure how to do new mission types, I assumed it was just the folder you put them in
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Quick question, do you need to have any of the maps downloaded in order to stay on to play them? If so, you may want to mention this.
Azul

Post by Azul »

No, of course not....although someone should have coded a auto download feature into tribes by now!
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I hear ya, but some servers still run non-client side maps, and even the Anni server used to relay this upon joining the server, which is the reason for asking.