Tribes 1 Remastered in HD

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Tribes 1 Remastered in HD

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Ok, so I have told a few people about, and the work so far is fing amazing!!! A guy from the base community has made a plugin for 1.40 that will auto resize all the base textures in Tribes. Before a player would have to resize each texture for bases to their stock resolution, in most cases 128x128, which is crazy small, and no where near SD definition by today's standards. With this new plugin it will do the resizing for you. Players can now find HQ resolutions at 1024 and place them in Tribes config to be auto resized by the plugin. That's 8x better than the old resolution, and even more in other cases.

Here are a few screen shots of some before and after work already done using this plugin. These shots are from a pack Groove and a few others are working on to redo the stock textures, while trying to keep the true to the original. He's done a lot of work on this, and has made great progress. Just yesterday I was helping him out by testing the pack, and seeing if I could help out with anything. I have to say, what he has so far is insane. It's already at least 90% done, and the resolution is amazing. Best I've seen in Tribe so far. I felt like for the first time, I was playing Tribes in HD. Really good stuff though.

He's not releasing it just yet, so I can't share a download link, but I will showcase some of the work he's done so far.
broadside_textures.png
CanyonC_Hires.png
SH_hires_take2.png
Once it's released, I do have plans to advertise Tribe across the web.
Beavis

Re: Tribes Remastered

Post by Beavis »

Looks more Tribal, very nice.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Tribes Remastered

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

It's really good. The best thing we have had skin wise since the SGS HQ weapons.
lil Tigga {OZ}

Re: Tribes 1 Remastered

Post by lil Tigga {OZ} »

wow cant wait to see the whole thing well done
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Tribes 1 Remastered

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Yea the only real concern I have with it so far is how white the iblock is. That's the only texture that gets me. I'll mention it to Groove and see if he wants to shade it a lil grey, or redo one my self with a grey tint. Other than that most textures line up pretty nice with original. It's really rare to see a base texture undone so far as well. The few that do show are minor and kind of blend in. He's still working on some of them, but really what he has now is pretty close to 90% done I'd say, just counting the base textures. Some work is also getting put into static shapes (stations gens vehicles deploys etc) and other things such as packs One I would note off hand is the repair pack. Has a sexy new look to it, that I will post later for you guys.
{SW}SkyWalker

Re: Tribes 1 Remastered in HD

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Wow It looks awesome, where do I get it I have a windows 7 21inch screen so an he version would be great. :tup:
Attachments
Coc: Also know as top grossing apple game CLASH OF CLANS!
Coc: Also know as top grossing apple game CLASH OF CLANS!
{SW}SkyWalker

My reply

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Oops Hd
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Ideally we should have this HD version, S_hifts low spec config and possibly a vanilla 1.4 config with the normal bugs worked out all bundled for use when promoting the game. A lot of the 1.4 configs out there right now are not exactly 'plug and play' material or they have clan logos plastered on basic skins in game or just really strange custom sound choices.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

It turned out not to work for me when it was released. Not sure if it will ever be fixed or not. Works for some but not all, so that was a huge downside to it lol. I'll post link later so people can try it for them selves.