Tribes 1 Remastered in HD

DaRk

Re: Tribes 1 Remastered in HD

Post by DaRk »

Does this work for 1.41?
{SW}SkyWalker

The links you sent crow

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

What one do i pick when i go to http://www.thelandofoz.net/hirezplugin/ can you send like a step by step thing please. thnx
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Use the other link, and get the version 2.2 or 2.3 and it should be a simple drag and drop into your Tribes directory. 2.2 has better textures i think, but 2.3 might have more done. I'm wonder if this works with everyone. I could never figure out how to fix it on my end. I did come up with a ghetto fix, but it messed up my other plugins. What I had to do was create a custom non ded server before entering one from the server list. To get the images to load properly on the models. :\
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

I'm not a tech wiz, but are you saying that this will be a whole new program like ill have to download tribes again or it's just an add on!
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

And will this allow me to go to servers like community and servers I was not able to go to before because I'm running 1.80 I think
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I made a post about it hoping the dev shows a little more support for it.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Here's an iblock I added a lil more grey shade to. It gives it a more classic feel for me. The white one used just feels out of place in his builds.

An example of the white one he used can be seen in the second picture of the original post.

And update, it seems the resizing problem was noticed by the dev of the plugin and a few others. I have a feeling a fixed version will be coming out soon. Project Tribes HD back in action. :clap:

On a side note, the guy who made the plugin for this to work, is not the same guy putting together all the HD textures. With a fixed plugin it might spark his interest to put a little more work into the texture project. Honestly though most of the textures are there for sure, but I wouldn't be able to say for sure until I can use it in public play. I did notice a few missing in 2.2, have not tried the 2.3. With how easy the texture are to implement with the plugin, it wouldn't be hard to finish any unfinished work. I bet someone like Krogoth could really do a number with this plugin and Tribes 1.
Attachments
ext_stone7.png
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Has anyone tested this, and can confirm working perfect, or do you all need to hot fix it with the non dedicated server first too?

Testers would be appreciated. Trying to get this issue resolved with the dev on the plugin.
item9

Post by item9 »

fuck. I'll make you a HD one. this one blurred out.