And to fix quick join.

Code: Select all

$Pref::PlayGameMode = "JOIN";
Add this under the other one.
{SW}SkyWalker

Re: Tribes 1 Remastered in HD

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Quad post now stu has seen it all...
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Exciting news to have hot fix for great thing to tribe.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Works on my end. Very nice.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

{SW}SkyWalker wrote:Quad post now stu has seen it all...
:roflz:
He has a point.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Hey look I made him smile
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
0_-

Post by 0_- »

Fixious wrote:
0_- wrote:Is there any update on this? I downloaded the hud patch and it is amazing. But I would love the textures. Just want to make sure I didn't miss any of them. Is there any uploaded?
Unfortunately no one really knows what's causing the hi-res texture pack to only work if you host a game first. It sounds like you need to load them all up locally for it to work, but if you run a demo first they're still wonky (even tho demos are just server info, the textures should be fixed during playback since they're clientside). You also can't join a server at startup, leave, host your own game and expect the textures to be displayed properly.

:idkk:
I am a little confused as I have just joined the forums recently and didn't know if this was a project that was half dead in the water or what, since most people start things but don't finish them. I am pleasantly surprised to find that this is working and progressing along nicely. The first time I joined a game it didn't work, but then when there was a big green map it started to work. I never needed to host my own game and was confused to why it was bringing up the host thing when it started. Actually I think it has had issues displaying high graphics in winter maps, but I think this is remedied, not sure. Memory is poor at the moment.
Stop. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply three times. Relax. Be here and now.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

I am using this on an R9 290 graphics card.
GPU 947 MHz Core Clock
28 nm Chip
2560 x Stream Processors
Video Memory 4096 MB Size
512 -bit GDDR5
5000 MHz Effective

This mod is working great with it. I have had two crashes so far, but I've been having a hell of a lot of problems with my drivers because I ran CCleaner. So I will have to reformat to know if it's the drivers or the mod.

Looks beautiful in any case. I'm wondering what the process is for bringing in new graphics. We could probably have Skyrim graphics in this thing, haha.
Stop. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply three times. Relax. Be here and now.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

There's a limit. I believe S_hift recently tried using high-res ground textures (over 1024x1024), and it crashed for both him and me. But we're both on generally low-mid range machines so perhaps higher-end machines can handle them. But honestly 1024x1024 textures look fine in Tribes, imo. These weren't possible before the 1.40 leak/release. If you want Skyrim textures then you'll likely need to work with specular textures and diffuse maps, which Tribes doesn't support (afaik).
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

0_- wrote:
Fixious wrote:
0_- wrote:Is there any update on this? I downloaded the hud patch and it is amazing. But I would love the textures. Just want to make sure I didn't miss any of them. Is there any uploaded?
Unfortunately no one really knows what's causing the hi-res texture pack to only work if you host a game first. It sounds like you need to load them all up locally for it to work, but if you run a demo first they're still wonky (even tho demos are just server info, the textures should be fixed during playback since they're clientside). You also can't join a server at startup, leave, host your own game and expect the textures to be displayed properly.

:idkk:
I am a little confused as I have just joined the forums recently and didn't know if this was a project that was half dead in the water or what, since most people start things but don't finish them. I am pleasantly surprised to find that this is working and progressing along nicely. The first time I joined a game it didn't work, but then when there was a big green map it started to work. I never needed to host my own game and was confused to why it was bringing up the host thing when it started. Actually I think it has had issues displaying high graphics in winter maps, but I think this is remedied, not sure. Memory is poor at the moment.
Can you take a few pictures and show us the base textures with your setup?