Admin Applications

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Admin Applications

Post by perrinoia »

What new players?
Name one active player who hasn't been playing for over a decade!
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:What new players?
You don't play in every server do you? :lup:
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

KILROY wrote:
All 3 servers?
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Assassin, Splat, Marcus, etc. I think forcing people to register is a horrible idea -- I've mentioned it before. It would not only deter new players, but deter active and returning old players as well. I guarantee it. Never underestimate peoples' laziness. Why spend a few minutes registering when they can just launch CS:GO instead? Shit, I've stopped playing xbox 360 games for months just because they wanted me to spend 5 minutes updating.

Name stealing isn't a big enough issue to implement such a radical change.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It doesn't take 5 minutes to register... It's not like we're actually validating emails, or anything.

Here's how it should work:
  • When you connect, you can't chat or spawn and the server checks to see if your name had ever been used before.
  • If not, the first message you say is registered as your passphrase. The whole message, not just the first word, or the second word... It could be "Why can't I spawn?" for all we care... The server thanks you for registering and echoes back your passphrase.
  • if your name has been registered, the first message you say is compared to the passphrase on file.
  • if it matches, you are unmuted and spawned.
  • else you may try again a few times before getting a temporary ban, which tells you to go to br.thelandofoz.net to appeal.
There should also be a tab menu option to change your passphrase, which will delete the passphrase on file and register your next message as your new passphrase. But you can't access this option unless logged in.

There should also be an admin option to reset another player's passphrase. This option should not care if the other player is logged in or not.

It's quite simple, and takes less than a second if you register a voice command as your passphrase, or have an auto login script like me.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Lawlz wrote:
KILROY wrote:
All 3 servers?
Now your just showing your ignorance :fpalm:
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

KILROY wrote:
Lawlz wrote:
KILROY wrote:
All 3 servers?
Now your just showing your ignorance :fpalm:
Not ignorance. Only 3 servers are really played in. Unless you really want to count RPG which has pretty much just botters in it.

Here this pretty much sums up the server count for any given point of the day. Just switch PU server for ARGH'S later on in the day.
#ignorance denied

Edit: I think Perin's idea is worth it. Not like it's hard to read a message when you join a server.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Your actually wrong there, this was taken during the time your on, but if you look throughout a full day and night, there are actually more servers used than you listed. There are actually a page and a 1/4 of servers listed. And yes, some modified as RPG servers, and some servers that are hosted are not hosted all the time. (Non-Registered) They come and go. It might be because your not using bugs_ Master listing (t1m1.pu.net:28000), your short listed on servers that are hosted ;)

Rebuttal sent.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

But only 3 servers have more than 1 player, which makes Lawlz right.

Also, I don't give two craps about the other two servers, as I don't play there, so that should answer his original question, albeit irrelevant.
Bonerville

Post by Bonerville »

Me