Tribes HD

{SW}SkyWalker

Re: Tribes HD

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

So it works great especially since I'm using this on Zorin by Linux, however one problem my like his thing at the top when I put my life bar,health bar, (ETC.) it doesn't go over the HUD it goes behind the HUD so you might want to fix that otherwise. BEAUTIFUL JUST BEAUTIFUL!
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Anyone have a nice sky for CanyonCrusade? I think it uses alienWorld. The one in the Tribes HD build is way too dark for me.
Groove

Post by Groove »

unless im tripping, canyoncrusade and the deluxe version don't have skies...

?
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

fack. it's server-side then. just checked and yeah, i don't have a sky on any version of CC when i host.

:spiteful:
Groove

Post by Groove »

{SW}SkyWalker wrote:So it works great especially since I'm using this on Zorin by Linux, however one problem my like his thing at the top when I put my life bar,health bar, (ETC.) it doesn't go over the HUD it goes behind the HUD so you might want to fix that otherwise. BEAUTIFUL JUST BEAUTIFUL!
so, i installed Zorin in a vm to test out my theory about why this happens to you, and i confirmed the cause

although zorin may be able to run windows apps, it seems that the way it presents the filesystem changes the order that tribes loads elements

normally under windows, tribes will load scripts in reverse alphabetical order, and HUDs get layered in the order that they're loaded in

that's why vbackdrops.acs.cs has the v @ the start of its filename - to put it near last in alphabetical, which makes it load first, and then other Huds would layer on top of that

i dunno what zorin is doing but it seems to be loading stuff in totally random order, in particular vbackdrops is getting loaded near last, causing it to be on top of everything else

anyways, long winded explanation aside, in Zorin you'll have to play around with how files are named and what folders they're in to get it to load before the other HUD elements - i moved vbackdrops.acs into the /backdrops folder and then moved teamhud (which was still loading first) from its folder back into /Modules and that got it to load before everything else
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Groove wrote:
{SW}SkyWalker wrote:So it works great especially since I'm using this on Zorin by Linux, however one problem my like his thing at the top when I put my life bar,health bar, (ETC.) it doesn't go over the HUD it goes behind the HUD so you might want to fix that otherwise. BEAUTIFUL JUST BEAUTIFUL!
so, i installed Zorin in a vm to test out my theory about why this happens to you, and i confirmed the cause

although zorin may be able to run windows apps, it seems that the way it presents the filesystem changes the order that tribes loads elements

normally under windows, tribes will load scripts in reverse alphabetical order, and HUDs get layered in the order that they're loaded in

that's why vbackdrops.acs.cs has the v @ the start of its filename - to put it near last in alphabetical, which makes it load first, and then other Huds would layer on top of that

i dunno what zorin is doing but it seems to be loading stuff in totally random order, in particular vbackdrops is getting loaded near last, causing it to be on top of everything else

anyways, long winded explanation aside, in Zorin you'll have to play around with how files are named and what folders they're in to get it to load before the other HUD elements - i moved vbackdrops.acs into the /backdrops folder and then moved teamhud (which was still loading first) from its folder back into /Modules and that got it to load before everything else
Thanks Bro
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!