Tribes HD

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Tribes HD

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Ok, so I've put together all the bad ass shit I've found / made over the past many years, and put it all in one build. The only concerns I have with it is the chat hud is too small for my taste. Give it a go, and let me know what you guys think.

Tribes HD Download!!! Click Here!!!

Screenshots: Up
Notes: Press - to change the hud style, or rebind the key in options. This hud setup pretty much what I've been using this past year.
KNOWN ISSUE: Plugin loader isn't working properly in windows 8.1, so the base textures are not being properly resized by the frfixfix.dll.

-- -- -- UPDATE -- NEW HD VERSION 2 HERE -- -- --
Attachments
detail.jpg
sexybasenplayer.jpg
sexyarena.jpg
iceicebaby.jpg
hdbase.jpg
gotgrass.jpg
dcbridge.jpg
loading.jpg
datview.jpg
bside.jpg
birdistheword.jpg
Fixious

Re: Tribes HD

Post by Fixious »

Very nice. Might give it a download after screens are posted.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Even without screens, it's the best tribes build to date. :)

I urge all to download and give opinions.

I plan to advertise this with this.

http://www.thelandofoz.net/tribes

Need a better url though.

PS: I'm searching for an artist to finish up some of the unfinished textures (Static shapes, etc). Donations for this adventure are welcomed via paypal >>> Donation Link

I imagine when found I'll spend anywhere from 300-600usd for good work. Including a whole new set of weapons, players, vehicles, and static shapes. I'll see about getting the skies redone too using new skybox plugin. That one is a maybe depending on what the cost will look like for the ones mentioned before.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Downloaded it, looks great. Only have one or two minor issues, mainly because I'm used to another build. If you're ready I can post it on /r/tribes for more attention.

I took a few screens.

http://imgur.com/a/1GrAc#0
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Nice, I also updated OP with screen shots. Some of your views very good.

Which issues? I think main one for me was the chat hud. Mine is a little bigger, but it is also setup to bind key "u" permanently, so I didn't add it. Need to redo that script and make it more modular.

And I think we should test it for a good week before spreading word. I know the hrfixfix script has a few errors with some of the texture resizes. Will crash the game atm if they pop up and tell you which ones. Working on getting that fixed by afking with hrfixfix plugin.

All of this stuff is in my config, the only new addition is the hrfixfix with the hotfix I just made. That being said, it's the last thing i have to debug.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

The build I was using before had a semi-transparent background for the flaghud. In this one it's just the text, which is hard to read without some kind of background. I moved it to the top-right HUD element, so it does have a background though it's a bit too dark. I could probably toy with the other HUD options and find something better though.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Ahhh yea that's hud preference. I use the huds in the 5th picture down. Black with grey transparent background.

If you go to config\Modules\Backdrops you can edit the huds.

Here's the grey huds with a little more transparency added to them.
Attachments
gray_right.png
gray_HUD.png
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

and one a little lower.
Attachments
gray_right.png
gray_HUD.png
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

I'll get it soon
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

I see why you're excited about it! VERY Sweet looking, so clean and crisp and that vid is really awesome work too. I hope to give it a shot after you guys get it worked out some.
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman