CTF Maps Reorganized

AnniDv6

CTF Maps Reorganized

Post by AnniDv6 »

The Capture the Flag maps are now sorted by Ground, Air and Indoor maps with Ground maps being the default category that the server will start in after resetting.

All underused categories including Capture and Hold, Open Call, Multiple Teams, Deathmatch, Find and Retrieve, Balanced and Defend and Destroy have been condensed into a single type labeled Misc Dynamix Maps.

Capture the Flag Spawn maps are no longer mixed in and will only appear under the Capture the Flag Spawn Category.

Capture the Flag OG now also contains the following Open Call maps:

DarkAurora CTF
Death_Row CTF
MidnightMayhem CTF
NightSlide CTF
Spartacus'sGauntlet CTF
Sulfurious CTF
Turbulence CTF

All client side maps which required files that do not come with all version of Tribes have been removed. This includes LT and DOX maps and any maps using their files as reference.

S_hift

Re: CTF Maps Reorganized

Post by S_hift »

Hell fuckn yes!!!

Sent from my B1-730 using Tapatalk
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Thanks for your hard work Death. =D
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

i like that 111.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

FYI: There exist a few players who still use versions of Tribes older than 1.8, thus they will not have Balanced nor Open Call maps, and will get kicked if the server plays those maps.

So if you remove DOX and LT maps because a few players don't know where to download them, then you should also remove Balanced and Open Call maps.

That being said, I really like Balanced and DOX maps, and would prefer that the server host all of them, and simply provide a link to a server map pack on the server info page, so people who get the boot can download the maps and reconnect.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

http://www.thelandofoz.net/downloads

file is right there in that link, and a description of it is posted on server. most players do have balanced, and if they dont the better upgrade. open call i could see people not having though. either way it cant be perfect, which is why i leave the link in server info.

a snipers dream stays on server with balanced maps. that's a legacy map that should be on any anni server.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah I can't imagine there are truly that many players that play with anything below 1.8. Canyon Crusades is an open call map and we've been playing that for years without people dropping.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I'm not saying we should not host those maps, I'm saying we should host DOX too!

I've been avoiding making maps with Balanced and Open Call terrains for those reasons, but I definitely prefer maps that are nearly identically mirrored.

Since the server will continue to host those terrains, I guess I'll start mapping with those, too.

BTW: I don't like the new organization system...

I would much prefer a more randomized map rotation...

The way it is currently configured, you play the same (or remarkably similar) map over and over again...

I'd rather have it alternate between ground maps, floating bases, and no-terrain maps, as it did before.

In fact, this gives me an idea to post in the suggestions forum...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6351