Mod Updates

AnniDv6

Re: Mod Updates

Post by AnniDv6 »

Strange I was hearing all of the sounds last night I think. I'll look into it for sure though and patch tonight or tomorrow if it's not playing any of them.
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

sound was working for me today, thanks
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Any way to delay the 'base damage has been disabled' message at the start of a new map? It always announces it right away due to teams been 0-0 or less at the start. Delaying it by ~5 or so seconds might be nice.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Or just don't declare it when teams are 0x0... There's no one to care in that case, anyway.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Patching in a few major changes along with some minor ones today.

Favorites will be resetting with this one, sorry.

Please help test these changes and report. Thanks!
Cloaking is no longer the Necromancer and Chameleon armors' beacon ability.

Necromancers and Chameleons now have a sensor jamming and armor shielding ability for their beacon.

Removed SensorJammerPack and ShieldPack from Necromancer armor.

Chameleon now has an Airstrike Pack. The airstrike is unable to be fired when too close to ones own base and also has a max range of 250 meters. The target must also be painted for 15 consecutive seconds or the airstrike will not come. If an airstrike is successful the pack is removed from the player. Airstrike damage will not damage teammates or team equipment.

Chameleons plastique explosive grenades now have a flashing red light.

The Suicide Det Pack now uses a different shape from Big Crates.

The Suicide Det Pack now has a flashing red light.

The team chat messages from deployed Pussy Cats that detect a Chameleon no longer all go off at the same time, reducing chat spam.

The pack images for Blast Walls and Jump Pads have been changed to smaller shape files to make it easier to detect when they are deployed and reduce spam by the inventory stations.

There is now a chat message to let one know when they have no beacons left while trying to use a beacon.

The Builder Repair Gun now uses a different beam from normal Repair Pack guns.
Azul

Post by Azul »

15 seconds is good, but make the airstrike a bit more powerful if you can!
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

Here is my opinion on the changes:

-Builder Repair Gun change is good.

-The Blast walls pack change is great, I always hated the BW's clogging everything up.

-Suicide Detpack change is good.

-The Airstrike pack I feel needs tweaking. I think it would be better to have 2 nuke like explosions drop instead of 3 grenades drop. Even if it is just for visual purposes. I have not tried out the damage it does but trying to hold the button down for 15 seconds while having no cloaking ability and having to be 250m near the base I think will be very hard and will not be used often. Keep the pack in as an addition to the mod.

-I like the new necros sensor shield beacon.

-Although I do not like getting killed by people in cloak, I think instead of removing it from the mod entirely we should just tweak it in a way that allows players who are accustomed to using it not have to lose one of the key elements they use to compete with higher skilled players. I can see this upsetting a few players who use the cloak tactic quite frequently. Maybe if we just made the cloak a little less transparent or lessened the amount of time for the players to be able to cloak this would be more balanced approach.

Suggestions for next update if possible:

- The guided missile launcher I feel is extremely hard to get a lock on the target if the player is in a plane. I'd like to see the "lock on" message have a larger area or an automatic fire once locked on. (That's for you firefox! lol)

- What is the purpose of the airbase solar panels? I feel like we should do away with those and add a portable generator inside the airbase where the command screen thing is. Maybe leave one solar panel to power a Force Field Door at entrance? Right now all they do is give a player 2 points for destroying them. They don't power anything.

- Many players have displayed interest in having the portable generator re-added to mod.

- Get rid of or tweak the jail. Replace with new weapon; the taser, perrins Idea:

Taser. Here's how it works:

Step 1) target plays next death animation.
Step 2) target drops all his items.
Step 3) target observes himself for approximately 3 seconds (because that is how long the death animation lasts, and people tend to rage quit over the 15 second jail sentence).
Step 4) target regains self control and has to pickup what ever items the chameleon didn't steal.

Taser should have a very short range, too... Closer than jailgun.

- Another idea from perrin that I have tested myself and really liked:

Perrins astral projection code could replace necromancer's beacons as well as phase shifter and ghost pack.
It allows you to teleport like phase shifter and go through walls like ghost pack, but doesn't let you glitch under the terrain like phase shifter and doesn't kill you like ghost pack. However, it does make your body and easy target for those who aren't fooled by the fake death animation.

- New maps!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I put a lot of restrictions on the air strike intentionally so we don't end up with tribes ascend style air strikes constantly coming down. This way we can slowly tweak it if it's too weak, but I can tell you that it's actually very useful for taking out large spread out defense. You have to be sneaky as well to survive the 15 seconds. Try using it against air bases as well!

The biggest factor in removing invisibility was the fact that one could never really know if other players were playing in software graphics settings which let them see invisible players. Also having an armor with a sniper rifle that can cloak was just a bad idea in general.

Also try using the thumper with chameleons beacon active, it's one of the best ways to boost yourself without taking any damage.

Many of these changes are going to need to be tested for awhile before we can really judge their usefulness.
Azul

Post by Azul »

Any chance you can put the code for the current version of the mod on a site like Github so we can look at it and suggest changes? You can then accept changes with a client like Sourcetree and have it automatically upload with minimal effort. I'd like to play around with it if possible
Azul

Post by Azul »

Did some testing. One airstrike takes out a jumppad in the common jumppad/platform/turret stack. Any way to make it so it takes out the whole thing? Pbeam is faster. Same with all the stuff people stack on a flag. Thats the most annoying thing in the game for me.