Mod Updates

Scarecrow{oz}

Re: Mod Updates

Post by Scarecrow{oz} »

Cool on the new maps. I would like another update, which cuts down on all this gay nuke spam. Don't let the enemy place an airbase so close. OMFG why would you allow an enemy airbase within a nade toss of an enemy base? triple the current allowed distance
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Added a new update today.
Air Bases can now be destroyed and re-deployed.
Air Bases' Command Stations now function as their health.
When the Command Station is damaged enough a countdown of 30 seconds begins, if repaired in time the explosion will be disarmed otherwise a 5 second warning message will trigger and shortly after the Air Base will blow up, there's no saving it at this point.
Air Base Health cannot be damaged by team damage unless team damage is turned on via vote or by admin.
Air Bases deploy restrictions now mimic that of turrets, meaning it's no longer possible to deploy your teams Air Base directly over the enemy base.

AirStrike Pack max distance increased from 250 to 300 meters.
AirStrike Pack call down restrictions greatly reduced, may now be called almost anywhere except for your own teams flagstand.
Airstrike Pack now automatically equips the owner with a Chameleon Pack when an airstrike is called successfully.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Good ideas, but I have some suggestions... (perhaps I should test it before I post this, but ain't nobody got time fo dat)
Air Bases' Command Stations now function as their health.
Perhaps it should be based on the sum of the generators', stations', and sensor's damage level.
When the Command Station is damaged enough a countdown of 30 seconds begins, if repaired in time the explosion will be disarmed otherwise a 5 second warning message will trigger and shortly after the Air Base will blow up, there's no saving it at this point.
Perhaps it should check the airbase's damage level one more time before exploding, so you can repair it after the 5 second warning.

Here's how I would code the airbase health code...

Code: Select all

// Call this function each time a destroyable object belonging to the airbase gets damaged, and before deleting the airbase.
function AirBase::isDestroyed(%group)	// "MissionCleanup/Airbase<team#>".
{
	%num = Group::objectCount(%group);													// Total number of objects belonging to the airbase (13?).
	for(%i = 0; %i < %num; %i++)														// Loopty loo.
		%fix += (GameBase::getDamageState(Group::getObject(%set, %i)) == "Destroyed");	// Number of destroyed objects.
	return 7 <= %fix;																// Maximum number of destroyed objects before airbase explodes.
}
So, if the max is 7, then you have to destroy the sensor, both solar panels, vehicle pad, and inventory, command, and vehicle stations, in order to delete the whole airbase, but you only have to repair one of those within the 5 second warning, to prevent it from deleting.
Last edited by perrinoia on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

^^^Ditto, like this idea!
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I like the idea of being destroyable being back on the table. However, when I tested it today it took all 5 of my chameleon bombs and 25 plasma to destroy it. That seems excessive. Especially if it is mounted with turrets to get around.

Perrin, your improve mention seems no better, unless the stations are not as powerful as death made the command station and are just normal in terms of strength. Also, you would need to make them destroyable even when teams are less than 3v3 as death has.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I didn't realize he boosted the max damage level of any of the objects.

You are correct. That would totally make my idea ridiculous.
2Strong

Post by 2Strong »

What do you guys think about a timer set on how long it takes to redeploy the air base once it is destroyed? After all the effort to destroy an airbase it would be strange to have a new one easily set immediately after. It would take away some of the incentives to destroy them.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well, you can't buy the pack if one is deployed, so you'd have to wait until it's destroyed to buy the pack, then make your way back to the ideal location to deploy it...

I kinda feel like that's already enough of a delay.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah I thought about that and came to the same conclusion. Also if someone sets one in a bad spot having to wait more to deploy another after that one dies would not be good. And the Air Strike Pack which we never had before is pretty good against Air Bases so they have already taken a nerf honestly. I did notice today that the solar panels on the Air Base don't seem to actually have any influence on power and even if your teams generators and the Air Base solar panels are down the inventory will still be powered, but I'm 80% sure that this was the case before as well?
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Death666 wrote:Yeah I thought about that and came to the same conclusion. Also if someone sets one in a bad spot having to wait more to deploy another after that one dies would not be good. And the Air Strike Pack which we never had before is pretty good against Air Bases so they have already taken a nerf honestly. I did notice today that the solar panels on the Air Base don't seem to actually have any influence on power and even if your teams generators and the Air Base solar panels are down the inventory will still be powered, but I'm 80% sure that this was the case before as well?
This has been the case since portable generators were removed. This whole airbase issue would not be an issue if solar panels were as they used to be.