Mod Updates

Maniac

Re: Mod Updates

Post by Maniac »

AnniDv6 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:31 pm I will add some more bot types. A standard arena loadout bot and a disc only bot would be nice.

You can actually dodge lock on missiles by the way. Basically any lock on type projectile updates it's trajectory to be directed to wherever it detects it's target jetting last. If you are far enough away and someone locks onto you with the stinger missile or the tanks lock on missiles you can effectively make them go passed you pretty easily by moving quickly to your left or right and then not jetting again.
Omg, don't spill the beans!
C U N ACTION!
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

AnniDv6 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:31 pm I will add some more bot types. A standard arena loadout bot and a disc only bot would be nice.
Great! Thank you.
AnniDv6 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:31 pm You can actually dodge lock on missiles by the way. Basically any lock on type projectile updates it's trajectory to be directed to wherever it detects it's target jetting last. If you are far enough away and someone locks onto you with the stinger missile or the tanks lock on missiles you can effectively make them go passed you pretty easily by moving quickly to your left or right and then not jetting again.
Yeah, I'm familiar with this and I do it with rocket turrets all the time. It's just not possible when the tank bot spawns on top of you or you're close enough to be able to disc them.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

In preparation of some kind of a Like/Dislike system while playing maps, I've updated the map rotation.

Old Map Rotation Behavior:
-----------------------------------
*If the server was restarted or crashed the Initial map would always be Broadside.

CTF Bots, CTF Spawn, Ski maps and Misc Dynamix maps would all change to a random map type other than any of these ones after being played. This is still true, but now Tribes Racer maps have joined them. This is mostly to keep the server running well, but it's also a way to get back to CTF after someone has voted into one of the above categories.

*All other CTF map categories would stay within their own category on a map change and also continue down that categories map list alphabetically.

Example:
*After playing Box(Indoor) the next map would always be Caves Of Steel(Indoor). A->Z then back to A while within CTF Indoor, etc.

New Map Rotation Behavior:
-----------------------------------
*If the server restarts or crashes the initial map is a random CTF map.

*When a CTF map ends it will pick a random map from a specific category for the next map.

For example if you are playing Broadside (A-C) and the map ends without a vote or an admin picking the next map, the server will change to a random CTF D-M Map. When that D-M map ends it will pick a random N-Z map and so on.

There are Two loops of categories:
-----------------------------------------
CTF Ground A-C --> CTF Ground D-M
CTF Ground D-M --> CTF Ground N-Z
CTF Ground N-Z --> CTF Community Maps
CTF Community Maps --> CTF Ground A-C

CTF Air --> CTF Indoor
CTF Indoor --> CTF Night
CTF Night --> CTF OG
CTF OG --> CTF Small
CTF Small --> CTF Air

*New map change triggered on empty server:
If the last person in the server leaves it will trigger a map change. This should help stop some of those situations where the server is stuck on some map that crashes anyone trying to join. Or if someone is playing a CTF-B map and leaves it won't just be random bots for another 25 minutes in an empty server and will instead change to a CTF map.

This new rotation will make it so not only are we not getting stuck in the same alphabetical rotation, but we also aren't getting stuck inside a specific map type until someone votes us out. It's a bit different than being able to vote into a category and stay in it, but this should help with getting more maps seen and played so we can start ranking them eventually.

More about the Like/Dislike system:
-------------------------------------------------
*The future system will allow you to either Like or Dislike a map in the Tab Menu while playing that map and logged into your profile.

*You wouldn't be able to vote again for that map, but you could change your vote at any time.

*The total number of Likes/Dislikes for a map would be displayed in the Objective screen while playing that map, similar to 'Fastest Lap Speeds' shown on a Ski Map.

*Eventually we might have a top ten list of 'liked' maps.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

* Re-Arranged the maps in the Category: CTF Community Maps
* Now listed by creator name first, followed by map name, making it easier to see all of the maps grouped by a specific person.
*New maps added to categories:

CTF Community Maps
---------------
Jumpers_Place2
Jumpers_Crossing
Jumpers_Cricket
Jumpers_Castles
Jumpers_Brae
Jumpers_Alters

CTF Air
---------------
Halfpipe_Extreme

CTF Ground D-M
---------------
King_Shits_Hill
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Small patch today.
9/17/2022

*Voting for a random map within a category works now.
For example if you vote for a random CTF Air map it will select a random map from that category.

*Admin menu for change time, add time and unlimited time fixed. Both voting for adding time and admins adding or changing time should work properly now.

*Ghost pack no longer activates on CTF Indoor maps. This was an idea by LunaticChic to keep the indoor maps like Box a little more interesting and harder to capture the flag on.
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

RealOG is gonna flip lol
C U N ACTION!
assasin

Post by assasin »

AnniDv6 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:43 pm
Small patch today.
9/17/2022

*Ghost pack no longer activates on CTF Indoor maps. This was an idea by LunaticChic to keep the indoor maps like Box a little more interesting and harder to capture the flag on.
Oof thats a big one! Would now be interesting to see how the map feels. Nice idea Luna!
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

I feel like that's exactly what we didn't need. I can set up D in about 1 minute on some maps that will make the flag permanently inaccessible. Ghost is one of the few ways around that. Even so, if you know what you're doing you can *easily* make your flag ghost proof. Why has everyone not figured this out yet? Hit me up on discord and I can show you in game.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Agreed Firelord. Some maps...you just don't really have a choice on how to cap the flag without using Ghost armor, but like you relayed, some you can setup defenses fast enough to deter gameplay, but we can always limit the amount of defense and how much you can stack it to eliminate that. Bring it back to a "more" CTF gameplay.
assasin

Post by assasin »

I thought it's a nice idea coz it will restrict people from setting up inventories and jail towers outside of the base where they shouldn't go in these maps. But like I said before, interesting idea.