Mod Updates

AnniDv6

Re: Mod Updates

Post by AnniDv6 »

That has been randomly happening for awhile now. It doesn't have anything to do with the latest update and it doesn't happen automatically when testing this version on maps with doors i.e. if the server restarts it doesn't happen. I think it is probably coming from one of the maps where after that map is played on the server all of the following maps with those types of doors are broken. What map were you guys playing? I will have to go through all of the community made maps and try to see if anything could be causing it.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

I dunno everything but I can tell you this, I like the titan and a great many do obviously. Two or three cham snipers (ghosting or not) can now rule the game.. Last nite D couldn't even get set for this and titan and other armors could hardly get out of the base to make an attack. Game over ! When you can't play any heavy armor and there's a pile of them near the jump pad for most of the match then I'm just not interested anymore and not likely to waste my time just to pad someones kill stats. Even the defense in the base got wasted due to this... Spawners zipping off after the chams left the base open to one of their players with a fork who in a matter of seconds totally wrecked the base. So then chams were sniping people inside the base at the stations this was with the generator below the terrain. Elbonia, Death you were there for some of it. adoY- K/D 61/11, Laser 48/7 Sorry but... Needless to say I reallllly didn't like the changes on this map. Guess I could always play cham... (in window mode)
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

lol yes, chem is OP. no nerfs to chem!!!

i sent perr a msg with some info.

one thing i always wanted to do but never got around to, make a light under chem when they enter invis mode, so ogl users can see them easier. also reduce their beacon count to 3. had talked about this much in public, and it had a lot of support from community. if this could still happen i would love that.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

That's an interesting idea crow. I can reduce their beacons to 3, but I'm not sure how to put the light correctly. SGT ROCK I'm not sure what you're saying really. There weren't any changes to the chem sniping or invisibility. The changes were to the chem grenade damage and their chance to assassinate when touching another armor. The nade damage was buffed to an extreme amount to test how players set pussycat defense and how well it really helped deter chems from wrecking the base. If the generators were up I don't see how sniping chems would have been any different than normal.

One thing I have considered is expanding the area that a motion sensor covers on the map so it's not such a small circle. The problem with this is that you can then have motion sensors inside the base under sunken defense which will never get destroyed so then you have perma sensors with too much range.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Death666 wrote:That's an interesting idea crow. I can reduce their beacons to 3, but I'm not sure how to put the light correctly. SGT ROCK I'm not sure what you're saying really. There weren't any changes to the chem sniping or invisibility. The changes were to the chem grenade damage and their chance to assassinate when touching another armor. The nade damage was buffed to an extreme amount to test how players set pussycat defense and how well it really helped deter chems from wrecking the base. If the generators were up I don't see how sniping chems would have been any different than normal.

One thing I have considered is expanding the area that a motion sensor covers on the map so it's not such a small circle. The problem with this is that you can then have motion sensors inside the base under sunken defense which will never get destroyed so then you have perma sensors with too much range.
prob just create an onfire function for the sniper, and mount the light to the player for a second. i think there could also be a line you could add / edit to the gun data block to get the same effect. id have to look at rail and refresh my memory with how they did it there. perr could come up with something to make it happen though.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Rail gun makes the player glow red when they shoot, so that's easy to copy, but by the time they fire, it's too late anyway. Chameleon super rifle is way too powerful. It has been for a long time. It should not be anywhere close to as powerful as rail gun, but server is run by people who like to hide in the hills and snipe people without being seen, so that's how it is.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

make a light under chem when they enter invis mode
One of the Necro packs/weapons has this as well. Could take a look at that code.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

True, ghost glows in the dark.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Pushed another update tonight with some more things to test.
Chameleon plastique explosive damage has been reduced. It will now take five to destroy a blast wall or a jump pad.

The message for chameleon pack failure has been changed to make it less ambiguous as to why it's failing.

The warning messages to chameleons for interference levels from deployed pussycats has been changed for the same reason.

The distance that pussycats begin detecting and interfering with chameleon pack has been increased from 25 to 50. It's important to note that the way pussycats are currently coded has their chance of deactivating a chameleons pack based on the distance of the chameleon to the actual pussycat. The closer you get to a deployed pussycat, the higher the chance it has of deactivating your pack.

The penalty damage applied to players for having the ghost pack active has been slightly reduced from 0.05 to 0.03. The warning message given when attempting to turn off the ghost pack while inside a wall has also been changed to be less ambiguous.

The maximum amount of jump pads per team has been increased from 3 to 5.

The vortex turret has been given a 0.01 damage value which will enable it to correctly pull enemy players in again and rarely trigger the vortex turret damage kill messages.

The particle beam turret killer beam fade time has been increased.

The cost of the Irradiation Turret has been reduced from 3050 to 2250 to match the price of a Nuclear Turret and enable builders to purchase them from their beacon inventories which have a default 3000 credits.

Deployed Missile Turrets range have been increased and now have a separate projectile type from map Missile Turrets. Their rockets travel much slower and deal less damage and are easily avoided by players and mobile vehicles, but not hovering vehicles. Their delay after firing has also been increased. The total amount per team has also been decreased to three.

Deployed mortar turrets, plasma turrets and fusion turrets now have a longer range.

edit:
The shockwave cannon kickback has been reset to classic. This chameleon and warrior weapon is mainly used for self boosting as it barely does any damage. You can also boost other players around, but not by much unless they are light armor as well.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Cool, I like almost all of those updates, except nurfed deployable missile turrets.

Also, I modified stationtrigger.cs, to fix the inventory wall hacks. So if you can grab that file from drop box and install it on the server, that would be great... Thanks.

My update checks for interiorshapes or terrain between the zappy turrets and the deploy position of the inventory station. If an interiorshape or terrain exists in that triangle, the zappy turrets are not created, so you can't get zapped on the other side of the terrain, walls, or ceilings.

This effects mobile and map inventory stations.