Mod Updates

AnniDv6

Re: Mod Updates

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah I can add that. I compiled the new changes into the existing scripts.vol on the server in case there was anything in the dropbox that wasn't meant to go live yet.

The deployed missile turret is definitively a work in progress and if it turns out really bad we can always revert. Their range was way too low so they never actually helped against vehicles and they die much faster than the map missile turrets. Ideally I think they should only target vehicles in the first place and maybe give a warning message to the pilots, but have very slow traveling missiles so they act more as a deterrent to camping vehicles similar to T:A. Flying players already have the neuro basher turrets to worry about which have an insane range and work almost too well.

I couldn't figure out how to get the rockets to be destroyable like OS missiles yet and with the increased range I didn't want constant rockets coming out of the fog killing flying players, so I made them extremely easy to dodge and deal less damage for now.

I also considered making the chameleon beacon a detonator for their plastique explosives. You have 5 beacons and 5 grenades so that could be pretty fun, but it seems like too big of a change to make to an armor that is supposed to be sneaky.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

I don't really understand the longer pbeam persistance. I would have rather seen a reduction of the phase disrupter's blast radius. Too many people using that as a primary weapon.

AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

The longer beam time is mainly to make it easier to spot where the shots are coming from in situations where you have someone across the map playing peekaboo behind a hill and just door sniping or taking out the entire outside defense with the strongest weapon in the mod.

I actually did look into the phase disruptor and did some testing with it and was surprised at how little the blast radius actually is. You really have to be pretty close to where it hits to take the full damage and the damage radius actually does match the animation. Going into it I thought for sure it would be something to nerf, but I think it's more to do with how fast the phase disruptor travels than anything else. You just have very little time to react to it, but the person does actually have to hit pretty close to you to kill you. I think if anything the damage or the speed of the projectile could be nerfed slightly.
Real

Post by Real »

Phase disrupter is so OP
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You want to make phase disrupter a chain gun style weapon?

Nothing could go wrong!
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

lol chaingun phase distrupter

SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

That PBeam delay is just way toooo weird. I seriously hope you don't keep it that way. It certainly didn't help with finding the pb user, the beam persists too long after they've left that positition. Sorry I really don't like that deal either... Every time I check the end of the pb trail for a heavy, they were somewhere else and my attention to where they WERE leaves me open to attack. I think we're moving way too fast with the changes and we're gonna lose players over it. Testing or not I for one am not finding it to my liking, I sincerely hope we get through this quick and the changes are minimal in the end. Last night I just gave up (not like me but..), had some good players on and got to our genny and little chance to get it going again... thanks Erowid. It was good play on their part and I would expect nothing less but as many of you know the teams are not always equal and without a PGen this makes it even worse. :hbeat:
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It's a really unimportant edit considering we don't have the pbeam fix, so you can still hide behind a wall or hill and spot through it, causing damage while only showing the beam on your side of the barrier.

Most of the times I die from snipers, I have no idea where they were or which sniper weapon they used.

I think that is a problem we should address, not necessarily where the shooter is, but what kind of weapon they are using, thus what size armor to look for.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

So... wheres the 1.41 update?

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Huh?

There are a bunch of 1.41 configs, if that is what you are looking for.