Mod Updates

DaRk

Re: Mod Updates

Post by DaRk »

Most shouldn't have too bad of an effect. But it will definitely change the game play for many who play right now. That is definitely a massive nerf to chameleon (less time, less beacons, time between activations). Also going to make titan play a little different from activation time and 2 less beacons.

We'll have to see how it plays. Not a fan of major changes when our player base is so low, but it is what it is. Interested to see what it does though.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah, I agree DaRk. I realize the beacon changes are a big change this late in the mod, but I'm hoping they work out in less experienced players favor.

TL;DR - just some more insights into the changes.
I wanted to try to address the issue of having a shielded Titan constantly wrecking face at the enemy base when the enemy has no defenses set or anything and they are basically just spawning over and over and trying to fight a Titan who has five shields with only plasma, disc and a shotgun and every time they die the Titan was getting more beacons from their bodies.

This would happen on some maps like Raindance and others and it would make newer players drop and empty the server. Ideally the Titan might not be so mean and just NOT keep killing players who just spawned (can't count on that), but sometimes this happens to people accidentally when they go from trying to fight the enemy D as a Titan to this stage once all the D dies.

Essentially Titans were able to beacon for 20 seconds, one after another, pick up beacons from bodies and just eternally be shielded. Having a delay at least gives those spawned in players a shot at catching the Titan between beacons or maybe getting them to run out by sort of kiting them around and denying them your own beacons if you die by using them first.

The cloaking beacons were the same way. They lasted so long and without any delay between activation one could easily just stay invisible the entire time while fighting someone and pretty much zero people seem to enjoy fighting an invisible player. The actual cloak pack in tribes and tribes 2 was always a pack you activated for a short time usually to sneak into a base or something. It drained energy and you couldn't just run around forever invisible. Keep in mind you can still pick up beacons from bodies while invisible and Chameleons can also back stab players pretty easily just by going invisible and running into them and harvest more beacons this way.

Trolls and Tanks (also) going from 5 to 3 beacons is meant to lessen the endless supply of beacons one can find out in the field from bodies. Overall I think having a bit less beacons in the 'economy' out in the field will end up being a good thing for game play.

I have been able to catch a few games and so far the crashes seem to be less, Synth, if you get a chance to test this out (bombers) let me know.
TL;DR - just some more insights into the changes.
BeCool

Post by BeCool »

WoooW thank you for your effort and invested time.
I'll give you a beer :drinkz:
With Tribes, life is more beautiful XD :gfive:
A question does any of you know this error?

Code: Select all

========================================================================
FATAL:   ..\..\..\engine\Dgfx\code\g_barray.cpp @ 369
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 2 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 0 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 8 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 6 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 22 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 6 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 9 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 18 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 6 for ShellCHeaderCtrl.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 5 for ShellCHeaderCtrl.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 7 for ShellBorderCtrl.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 11 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 41 for Opening.pba
GFXBitmapArray::read: missing bitmap 0 for ShellGreenScrollCtrl.pba
It would be great if someone could help me
best regards ^_^
Attachments
capture_001_27012021_054549.jpg
BeCool

Post by BeCool »

i use 1.41 ^_^
I checked the antivirus and the firewall
there is nothing in the logs or in the virus container.
My antivirus will tell me everything that is suspicious, so I guess it can't be.
Because otherwise at least something should be found in the log files.
In addition, the game is already running and then there is this crash or sometimes at the start.
I personally believe that what is wrong in the CPP files.
I was thinking of some line that contained an error.
Just a guess, because engine \ Dgfx \ code \ is given as a structure, so I guess something in the depth of the game / engine is not ok.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Awesome, thanks Ghost!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Good stuff. Thanks for the update
BeCool

Post by BeCool »

Ghost wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:12 am |Necro|
Phase shift backpack new shape and drop shape. (was previously just an ugly upside down ammo pack)
Phase Shift no longer sends mission area messages when teleporting. (Still need to disable map specific OOB damage when teleporting)
Added Teleporting sounds to Phase Shift.

(normally would be blue, I have a red Disc Skin)

|Cloak Beacon and Titan Shield|
I Added a new message w/sound distinguishing between beacon active vs beacon cooldown.
Previously the message said something like: "Shield already active or cooling down", now it will tell you which.

|Builder|
Increased spread on vulcan.

|Titan|
Changed Particle beam charged shot to a orangey beam for increased visibility. (Previous blue beam blended in on blue sky maps; also new color is dope)

|Warrior|
Warrior now spawns with a Blaster.

|Blaster|
buffed damage and added a cool projectile effect.

|Shotgun|
Spread tightened a little.

|Minigun|
For some reason the bullets explode in midair when you're firing it, possibly from the fast fire rate. Maybe the bullets are actually colliding in mid air? :stu: Anyways I changed the projectile explosion to something more small and subtle so there isn't a puff of smoke blocking your view now. (bandaid fix lol)

|Server|
Removed ability to see IP and partial IP for anyone lower then God Admin.
awesome work Ghost!!! :drinkz:
how about change this red flush damage in so scratches how in binswees Video,
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/1MCQexEQSLg[/YouTube]
i like it really, also the shakes but the shakes are Adobeedit i think.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Nice, I think the AFK system will be nice to have for the server.

At one point I changed it so players would be put back into Observer after each map. Before this a map would end and even if the teams were stacked one just stayed on the same team as the previous map and also anyone that decided to go AFK after a map ended would remain on your team for the next map. Having people default to Observer helped the uneven teams problem and also made teams being switched up a natural process because people have to click back to joining a team in tab. This patch feels like the conclusion to that. 30 Minutes is probably long enough to give people to wait in the server AFK for people to join.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Re-Arranged the current maps on the server in a patch tonight. Mostly condensing some of the categories so we have less, but also created some new ones.

* Fixed an issue with the map category for "CTF Spawn" maps not showing up in the Tab menu because there were too many total map categories.

* Condensed the individual annihilation map packs of maps into a new category, "CTF Community Maps".

* Moved the two maps (BotPracticeMk-III and KWSN Duel) from the "Practice" category into the "CTF BOTS" category.

* Moved the maps from the "Spawn Outdoor" category in with the other "CTF Spawn" maps.

* Shortened any categories named "Capture the Flag" to "CTF" for consistency and to make the list look cleaner.

* Split the "CTF Ground" map category into three categories: Ground A-C, Ground D-M and Ground N-Z.

* The three CTG Ground categories all have about 40 maps, hopefully this will help get some different maps in the rotation based on which ground category alphabetically you're playing in.

AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

2022 Bump. Come play and check out some of the mod updates above ^^

Next patch will probably include:

*Some type of Battle Royal game type, possible in the form of a map that you vote to. Players would spawn in without weapons and pick them up in chests in the map and battle until the last player or team is standing.

*Fix for a client crash that sometimes occurs when another palyer's Deployable Bunker is destroyed in a your line of sight.
General big fixes. If you know a bug, report it.

Have recommendations? Post them.