Mod Updates

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Mod Updates

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, Death666, we gotta fix this generator issue. It's such a silly issue.

I'll take another whack at it. I've gotta setup a test server...
2Strong

Post by 2Strong »

Are you bringing back the portable generator?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

If I had my way, yes...

Do we even want them anymore?
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Just tried to kill the command station again. It took 6 detpacks to take it out. IDK
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I'm not sure we will really need a portable generator. I could make the Air Base power only itself and deployed Mobile Inventories are still self powered. How interested would you guys be in seeing the deployable Gun Ship Dropship added back instead, with proper deploy restrictions so it can't be deployed right on top of your base? There could be a toggle to disable them as well.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I'd still prefer the air ship I never finished... Lol

It would replace the air base, drop ships, and the jail tower.

It would deploy high in the sky (maybe twice as high as the air base), and it would be destroyable, like the deployable bunker.

It would contain every kind of station, including a vehicle station and pad, on the roof. It would also contain turrets, random drop points, and a teleport station...

Oh, I also wanna redesign the teleport pads, so you can deploy more than two. When you stand on it, you'd get a message: "Fire to teleport, jump to exit". It would cycle through the deployed teleport pads in the order they were deployed, each time you pressed the trigger button.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

And you think arena is a distraction haha! I don't think there's any need to start spawning people inside a deployed ship unless you have the option to either do so or not. I agree about the teleport pads.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

The old destroyable drop ships had spawn points.

If we're talking about bringing them back, then we're also essentially discussing deployable drop points.

I think it's a great idea, as long as the remote bases are deployed in strategic locations, and not behind your base, split in half by the mission area boundary, like some tards like to do.
2Strong

Post by 2Strong »

Sounds yummy.

Bringing back the portables would only make sense if the deployable inventories don't function autonomously. Personally I think the deployable invo gives a lot more freedom to anni, but I think it is overdone when people place them around or inside the enemy base. I think they should only work up to the midfield line.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I agree... However, I think all deployables should function this way...

Think of it like Starcraft. The protoss could only deploy stuff in range of a pylon, and the zerg could only deploy stuff on creep.

Terrans could deploy anywhere, and their buildings could fly around, which made up for the fact that they sucked hard at everything else.

I think deployables should only successfully deploy and function in range of an active generator, thus your turrets must deploy close to your own base, and will cease to function if your base is raped. However, portable generators and solar panels should not only extend the mission standard power range, but also provide redundancy for the base objects.

I'm sure that went over many of your heads, so I'll let this guy explain in layman's terms.