Mod Updates

DaRk

Re: Mod Updates

Post by DaRk »

I don't think you have a better solution for returning the flag for someone who has buried himself in the base behind defense. I would be okay with getting rid of the jail if you had a better solution.

Also, with the airbase and airstrike. If some is able to spam my base by placing an airbase really close, I should be able to airstrike from my base as well. Or at lease make airbases destroyable again.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

DaRk wrote:I don't think you have a better solution for returning the flag for someone who has buried himself in the base behind defense. I would be okay with getting rid of the jail if you had a better solution.
Really? Let's compare.
You infiltrate the enemy base in chameleon armor, sneaking past all of the defenses. You see an enemy. Do you jail them and lose your camouflage, or sneak past them? If they have the flag, will jailing them return the flag, or will they escape? Either way, it won't be immediate.

Now, instead of jailgun, you've got a taser. You infiltrate the enemy base with chameleon armor, sneaking past all of the defenses. You see an enemy. Do you stun them and lose your camouflage, or sneak past them? If they have the flag, the answer is obvious, because stunning them will instantly cause them to drop all of their items, including the flag. They will instantly lose control of their lifeless body, as it plays a death animation, and they won't regain control for a 3-4 seconds. Plenty of time to return the flag and deploy an anti personnel mine to add injury to insult.
DaRk wrote:Also, with the airbase and airstrike. If some is able to spam my base by placing an airbase really close, I should be able to airstrike from my base as well. Or at lease make airbases destroyable again.
I agree.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Well, if you put it like that, it sounds great. Could at least implement it temporarily and have a vote or something on it.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Well, if you put it like that, it sounds great. Could at least implement it temporarily and have a vote or something on it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Double post?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

The difference is as soon as one uses the taser on the flag carrier and loses all their energy which turns off their chameleon pack they will be instantly killed by the enemy laser turrets. One would not be able to take 1-2 seconds to look which direction the flag dropped and run to touch it and so the flag would sit in the same protected room likely until an enemy grabs it again. By jailing the flag carrier you've at least got the flag out of the safe zone that they were turtling in before dying to the laser turrets. Also would we even want instant flag returns from a weapon that functions similar to the jail gun? I don't dislike the idea of a taser, but I still don't see it replacing jailing.

The airstrike vs airbase dilemma will be addressed in the next patch.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Hmm... Jailgun weapon modes?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

That would be fun. I also need some help with ideas for animations to make it more apparent when a player is currently under stasis and also when they have an armor shield active such as the titan, chameleon and necromancer beacons. The flashing shield is already used when under spawn protection so I need something that doesn't look the same. I've thought of using a variant of the armor skin switching that happens when you're on a kill streak, but any other ideas would be useful.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Maybe that salute/check time pose that you do when you open inventory menu...
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

A ton of maps have been added to the server. I made a huge post in the 'List of all maps' with the map names and pictures of newly added maps.

http://www.br.thelandofoz.net/viewtopic ... 9&start=50

Please report any issues you have with any of these maps and any feedback, thanks!