Mod Updates

assasin

Re: Mod Updates

Post by assasin »

I noticed that when you choose the builder tool in repack mode and change weapon it is going to the other mode and only then we can change weapon. Can't we do it like other weapons with modes where you don't have to change back to change weapon?
assasin

Post by assasin »

Team names changed as well finally :gfive:
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Ghost wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:27 pm Builder Repair gun is now Builder's Tool.
Added Repack mode.
Switch modes with <Use Laser> or <Use Blaster> (1 and 6 keys)
Repack mode allows you to pick up/turn your own deployables into packs. If you have no backpack then the beam deletes your deployable and mounts it as a pack. If you have a backpack, the item gets deleted when hit by the repack beam and a pack of the item drops in its place for pickup.
This basically allows you to move items without having to destroy to replace.
Everything besides Airbase, Jail, Bunker Pack, Vehicle Pack, Solar Panel, and Control Jammer can be repacked.

Thanks to Perrinoia for the coding help
Thanks to Syn for the idea
Cool adds! I love the idea of the repack mode. Also fun to see that drones are back — I remember those from the old days. I haven't played in like 5 years now, I gotta reinstall.
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

I haven't played in like 5 years now, I gotta reinstall.
DO IT.
C U N ACTION!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Ghost wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:27 pm Builder Repair gun is now Builder's Tool.
Added Repack mode.
Switch modes with <Use Laser> or <Use Blaster> (1 and 6 keys)
Repack mode allows you to pick up/turn your own deployables into packs. If you have no backpack then the beam deletes your deployable and mounts it as a pack. If you have a backpack, the item gets deleted when hit by the repack beam and a pack of the item drops in its place for pickup.
This basically allows you to move items without having to destroy to replace.
Everything besides Airbase, Jail, Bunker Pack, Vehicle Pack, Solar Panel, and Control Jammer can be repacked.

Thanks to Perrinoia for the coding help
Thanks to Syn for the idea

This is so good!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Trying out a new patch this weekend:
6/12/2022

It's a larger patch and we might have to hammer some square pegs into round holes :wavee:

*Added duel bots to Indoor Arena Maps
-----------------------------------------------
*Join Arena and vote for an arena map that has (bots) after the name.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Open TAB menu and Click "Enemy Duel Bots" or "Team Duel Bots"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*You can spawn a duel bot for each armor type in Annihilation.
*Current max amount of duel bots allowed is Four total, while we test them.
*Adding or killing a duel bot raises or lowers the count respectively.
*AI now has it's own damage types, allowing for AI on different teams to damage each other without having to turn on server wide team damage.
*AI in Arena no longer pay attention to typical server out of bounds rules such as taking damage while out of bounds.
*The Arena Duel Bots have rudimentary flying skills.
*They can also switch weapons appropriate to their armor and use their armors respective beacons and grenade types.
*Arena bots cannot be spawned while a CTF-Bots map type is being played.
*Arena bot names are randomly generated strings of actual player names and might act as placeholders for now.
*Bots on non CTF-Bots maps *spoonbot* now no longer follow spoonbot rules for spawning and re-spawning.
*Cleaned up the splash screens after joining the server both on a registered profile and while anon.
*Cleaned up the #help text for creating a player profile to make it simpler.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Loving the arena bots! They're much better opponents than the CTF bots. A couple suggestions:

-Make enemy bots spawn farther away from you. Right now they basically spawn on top of you and you'll get immediately shot by them.
-Create a "spawn" bot class that has the same weapons you do in arena. Even better, have one that is limited to disc launcher only. They're pretty good with the disc and seem to routinely get MAs.
-Remove flamer, (worthless gun), shotgun (OP against arena spawn class), tank stinger missile (OP, they have 100% accuracy with the lock on) and rubbery mortar (worthless) from their weapon rotations
-Name one after me ;)
Last edited by Firelord on Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

Firelord wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:10 am Loving the arena bots! They're much better opponents than the CTF bots. A couple suggestions:

-Make enemy bots spawn farther away from you. Right now they basically spawn on top of you and you'll get immediately shot by them.
-Name one after me ;)
C U N ACTION!
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

I think the bots spawning on top of you is the biggest impediment right now. It's kinda hilarious spawning a tank — unless you're midflight they'll immediately stinger lock and one shot kill you.

It might be fun to have an arena map with inventory stations and a designated spawn point for bots on a side of the map opposite the stations. It'd be a good way to get some real practice in while the server is empty — not everyone is interested in playing spawn armor.

Another note: the bots seem to have excess or nearly unlimited energy. I spawned some warrior bots and they were flying around way past when energy would normally be depleted. The normal bots do this too.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I will add some more bot types. A standard arena loadout bot and a disc only bot would be nice.

You can actually dodge lock on missiles by the way. Basically any lock on type projectile updates it's trajectory to be directed to wherever it detects it's target jetting last. If you are far enough away and someone locks onto you with the stinger missile or the tanks lock on missiles you can effectively make them go passed you pretty easily by moving quickly to your left or right and then not jetting again.